Toronto and Beyond

another shopping question (Read 169 times)

redleaf

I have gone to the downtown RR store a couple of times and am happy with my shoes but want to go somewhere for a second opinion as it were. I went back and read the post about buying shoes at the Running Company in Oakville. And I've poked around online and found the Runners Shop at Bloor & Yonge (ish). Basically I'm still a newbie and basically want someone to help me pick out a great pair of shoes. Patience is a must! Does anyone know either of those shops? Would they be good places to go to? Have any other suggestions? Thanks. Lisa

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

I've gotten great advice at the Runner's Shop. Bloor & Avenue Road (no store front on Bloor but its inside one of the buildings). Given your DT Toronto location this might be your best option. I've also used the Running Company in Oakville... they are good too. I don't know of any other running shops .... sorry. MTA: fix poor spelling.
        Hi Lisa Do you wear orthotics? You have to be careful because many running stores will tell you to go to a neutral shoe. If you do have orthotics I would recommend asking your practitioner. My pedorthist is a runner and I check out my shoes with him. Ruth

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

redleaf

Hi Lisa Do you wear orthotics? You have to be careful because many running stores will tell you to go to a neutral shoe. If you do have orthotics I would recommend asking your practitioner. My pedorthist is a runner and I check out my shoes with him. Ruth
          hmmm okey dokes. I never would have thought of that. I think they're closed on Fridays so I guess I'll wait till Monday to call them. Thanks And thanks for your comments Jason - I guess either will do.

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362