Toronto and Beyond

Acura 10 miler (Read 318 times)

redleaf

Just wondering if anyone else was running this weekend? I've got the 10 miler (yikes) A little nervous as to how "fast" I'll be able to go as I am just getting my miles back up after having to take the first two weeks of June off after the half marathon.

It's right in my (newish) neck of the woods though so I think DH may even be able to get out of bed to come cheer me on!

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

Lisa....

I'm running the 10-miler. 

Its a fun race.

Jason

Go Pre!

It's right in my (newish) neck of the woods though so I think DH may even be able to get out of bed to come cheer me on!

I didn't know you lived in a Newish area. Are you guys Newish? I don't know much about Newish people but I have a few friends who are News. Good people.

On a serious note. We are out of town and not running thsi 'fun' event Wink

redleaf

I didn't know you lived in a Newish area. Are you guys Newish? I don't know much about Newish people but I have a few friends who are News. Good people.

On a serious note. We are out of town and not running thsi 'fun' event Wink

Groan....

We've lived there since March 2008. I really didn't start running until June 2008 so there's no way this race would have even been on my radar last year.

Have fun whereever you go Dave!

And good luck with your race Jason!

based on my blistering fast (for me) 5k race time in June McMillan seems to calculate somehow that I will do this in 2:02 or something like that. Plugging in my 1/2 marathon time gets me to 2:06. I will be happy with anything under 2:10!

HF #4362

I don't have any real goal time in mind (that I'm willing to make public).

I'm just looking forward to a good coffee after the race.

JR

Go Pre!

Lead balloon anyone?

redleaf

Lead balloon anyone?

you didn't appreciate my groan?

HF #4362

redleaf

1:59:09

HF #4362

1:59:09

Nice job Lisa!  You knocked it out of the park..... you sandbagged it with your 2:10 prediction 

I managed to beat my goal time by 1 second.  Yup, just 1 second.  Ran a negative split.  I'm very happy with my race.

redleaf

Nice job Lisa!  You knocked it out of the park..... you sandbagged it with your 2:10 prediction 

I managed to beat my goal time by 1 second.  Yup, just 1 second.  Ran a negative split.  I'm very happy with my race.

That just goes to show that you're better at predicting than me! I really would have been pleased with anything under 2:10 but I swear there's something about seeing the McMillan pace thingy and saying to myself "I can beat that!"

Ha! Now of course I have to figure out what to do so I can not embarass myself with rururunner at Midsummer!

HF #4362

Fantastic job!  I think you and I are actually pretty close time-wise.  And you have completed more races than I this year.  We will have to challenge each other so that we get even better times.

Let's hope for coolish weather the night of the run.  Today was great for running.

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.