Toronto and Beyond

Hannukah Hustle - WITH REPORT (Read 135 times)

Go Pre!

....in the Hammer, 5 and 10K. Anyone running this? You can still register on race day if you want. Be there! http://www.events.runningroom.com/site/?raceId=3340
      I don't think so. I have swimming lessons with the kiddo. We've graduated to Parent & Tot II from the ever-popular Parent & Tot I. Good luck! Next race for me is likely the Boxing Day 10 miler in the (Boo) Hammer (Boo). You in?

Go Pre!

Sorry my friend Boxing day is a big fam day in Emilio-ville...that and game 1 of Cam's Christmas Hockey tournament. This Sunday's race marks the first of 4 weeks in a row of races. Next week I am in Burlington at the Chilly Willy Half Marathon. The week after that - is Las Vegas. Running with Mrs Daddyo, and another couple in the Half marathon. My first Pace Bunny job Clowning around The week after that is the Santa Jingle 5k in Burlington. Then no races for 3 weeks! Resolution run Dec 28 (actually just a 5k fun run) New years Day 9K 'Hair of the Dog' here in the Beaches. Hardcore dudes jump in the lake afterwards. Then, Spring marathon training begins. with the Valentines day 5k, Chilly Half, and Around the Bay thrown in. Mississauga Marathon....3:20:59 or bust!
          Cool. I am leaning towards Ottawa this year for a spring marathon, but will at the very least run the HM at Mississauga as a tune-up. BTW, someone (an American!) started an Around the Bay User Group. Get in there!
            So? Race report?

Go Pre!

20:21 I cramped and missed going sub-20 again. Icy hilly conditions, good temps though. I finished 2/7 M40-41 and 25/163 overall, but got 1st place medal 'cuz first Master didn't get 2 awards. Sarah was 1st.....female....overall in a race to the finish with a 20 year old McMaster track member, she got to bust the tape, i could see her from my spot 25 seconds back Smile She busted sub 20 -------- 19:53 !!!! $50 Running Room gift certificate for her me Wink Good showings from a few friends of ours that tagged along. Mrs Daddyo spent the weekend in Guelph on a work conference. I am dead tired, yet masochistically looking forward to next weekend's Chilly Willy Half Mary Undecided
                Wow, another fantastic day at the races for the Daddyo clan. Congratulations to all. I'll have to get an autographed photo of Sarah.............ya never know Wink. Did you at least tell her about the $50. Big grin

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

Duuuuude... awesome! That's PDQ. Good for you. Good luck at the Chilly Willy. The Running Company (donated shoes for top prizes) is my local specialty running shop in downtown Oakville. MTA: and a special congrats to Sarah. That's fantastic.
                    Great work Daddyo...... and congrats to Sarah. you cats are quick.

Go Pre!

Duuuuude... awesome! That's PDQ. Good for you. Good luck at the Chilly Willy. The Running Company (donated shoes for top prizes) is my local specialty running shop in downtown Oakville. MTA: and a special congrats to Sarah. That's fantastic.
                      Thanks...ya...she rocks...damn 15 year old! AND she beat me in our personal race to sub 20. We were supposed to pace each other and cross together but when I felt that cramp at 3k coming on, I told her not to let me drag her down. I was hoping to catch back up but it was not in the cards for me this day. My proclamation....at Dec 13th's Jingle Bell 5K in Brampton, a flat route, Daddyo will go 19:45! There, I said it, now I gotta do it!

Go Pre!

Oh ya, it's only fitting to mention, I was one of two total who chose to run in shorts. Was very comfortable and glad I choose to do so. Temps were about -3, little wind. Ideal. Yes
                          That must have been very Cool when you saw her ahead of you! Congratulations!

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

My proclamation....at Dec 13th's Jingle Bell 5K in Brampton, a flat route, Daddyo will go 19:45! There, I said it, now I gotta do it!
                            All you need is to have Sarah be your pace bunny rabbit.