Toronto and Beyond

Never forget (Read 66 times)

In Flanders fields the poppies blow Between the crosses, row on row, That mark our place; and in the sky The larks, still bravely singing, fly Scarce heard amid the guns below. We are the Dead. Short days ago We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow, Loved, and were loved, and now we lie In Flanders Fields. Take up our quarrel with the foe: To you from failing hands we throw The torch; be yours to hold it high. If ye break faith with us who die We shall not sleep, though poppies grow In Flanders Fields. - John McCrae

Go Pre!

nice
        November 11th. is very meaningful to me, my father never served in the military but was in a concentration camp for 6 years, 1939-1945. Every year when I buy my poppy I SINCERELY thank the veteran who sells it to me. Simon.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

I plan to visit Juno Beach this summer. My wife's grandfather landed on the beach on D-Day... I get chocked up every time I see a Veteran.
            That was nice. On some of my runs I run past the veterans wing at Sunnybrook hospital. I like to wave at them when I run by if they are sitting outside.

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.