Toronto and Beyond

wow (Read 124 times)

Go Pre!

that's all I gots ta say.
      Brrrr.... That's all from me.

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

Training interrupted by lousy weather-but did better this January than last year as I had a heel injury last year. Onward and upward! Simon.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

I am just glad someone woke up this forum. It's on friggin' life support... Had a great 25k run today with JasonR in Burlington/Hamilton/Dundas. It just feel damn good to be running pain-free again... And, Creemore Springs Traditional Pilsner doesn't hurt either. Just saying.
            Now that's a WOW! Shocked From 0 to 25k. Very cool. How did you find the temperature change? I discovered from my Running room clinic instructor that I am running improperly. I wasn't too far off but was wasting energy. I have been struggling big time all winter long but I am hoping that I have turned a corner.

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

That's interesting, Ruth, because I have found my running motion evolving very slowly recently to what I think is a more efficient style. From time to time I have consciously tried things like carrying my arms a little lower, or rolling off my toes more, but these experiments have never become an ingrained pattern. This time the change seems to have very gradually happened by itself-a slightly shorter stride with a lower knee lift. I should make it clear the degree og change is very small, but I am sure I feel it. My quads seem to be doing more work now, have been getting a little stiff. I hope I am on the right track with this, it would be a shame if it is counter-productive! Good for you to take advice and correction from others, not an easy thing to do when you are already running pretty well, "What, me????Doing something wrong??"

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.