Toronto and Beyond

Best race in Southern Ontario? Which is it (Read 56 times)

Dave (tuf) told me about that race...... all indications are that it is an amazing race and the best organized race he has ever run. Going to spend the afternoon in the park with my wife and Dave's family after the run. Should be a good time.
    So the above does beg the question, what is the best race (Within a 2hr drive from Toronto.) Ok anywhere in Ontario if it truly is outstanding. The The Toad road does look good, Next year for sure I'm in 50km lol. I really enjoyed the Mid summer night's run. Best I've been to but I've only run 3. There use to be a powerbar rock and roll 5k down at the docks which also looked good for after race hanging around. My daughters ran it in 03, that's when they were better than I. Not anymore LOL. Although Carolyn is thinking of training again as she entered the 5k part of the Scotia bank Waterfront Marathon. Funny kid, she asks so should I start running with you?.......Ahh yeah it would be a good idea to do some training runs, I replied! Big grin

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

The Nissan Toronto 10 Miler was a good run.... started in the distillery and then did pretty much the same course as Mid Summer Night. The Distillery was a cool place to start and finish... there is good coffee and beer. I'm not prepared to take a stand on the best race.... I've only participated in 7. There are a few that I would like to run, the Toad of course, Ottawa and the Bluenose Half in Halifax... and of course the Tely 10 in my home town.. St. John's, NL.

Go Pre!

My top 5 would be... 30K Around the Bay - March - Hamilton Mississauga Half or Full Marathon - May Zoo Run - October (haven't done it - but feedback is great) Chilly Half Marathon - March - Burlington Niagara on the Lake Ultra 50K, Marathon and Half Marathon - June Any of the VRPro events in Burlington are good. Lots of 5s and 10s throughout the year including the Chilly Half. MTA: Ruth has a good point. The Midsummer Nights run was pretty good. With slight improvements, it could be great in future years.
          I enjoyed the Midsummer Night's run the best of all that I have tried. Harry's Spring Run-off was the first race of my life but the hills kill me! I do prefer the cool weather for racing, though. I also liked the Sporting Life 10K this year just for the size of the pack!

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

Zoo run was my first race... A worthwhile race to run.... it is very cool running through the zoo. I hung around after the race and walked through the zoo. It was my first race and my first time at the zoo.... I was thinking about doing it again this year to see what kind of improvement I could make. Jason MTA: Pictures, all taken on race day...

Go Pre!

Nice contribution Jason, thanks! AND - I changed my earlier post. I always get Burlington and Brampton - Those races I was mentioning are Burlington.