Toronto and Beyond

Half Marathons (Read 125 times)

Hi guys Looking for a half-marathon in May. Mississauga seems very early in the morning. Ottawa might be expensive and I hear it isn't so great. Any suggestions? Ruth

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

Go Pre!

The Ottawa route is good. Nice & flat mostly, nice along the canal and excellent finish area. It is costly and a fair bit of travel but it is overall a good event. We have done it twice and are going back (I am the 3:50 marathon pace bunny this year!) Mississauga is close to home and come on, it's not that early Confused It's downhill, fairly fast and also a very nice route. I have run this half marathon the past 2 years and will be running the marathon there this year.
        Thanks! The one thing I don't like about racing is that I am basically pretty lazy and hate getting up early in the morning. Ya, I know HTFU!!. Smile

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

I really enjoyed the half in Mississauga last year. It was a nice course and the crowd support was pretty good. Its on my list for this year...... only thing holding me back is I might be in Ottawa during race weekend. If that's the case I'll run ottawa.
            The Hartwell Half in Aurora is a small, local event, inexpensive, free parking 9:00am start and a pretty nice course, but hilly. Not a course for a PB! Late April, I think the 26th., but didn't look it up to be sure. I liked it last year and have registered again. Simon.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

For a fast, net-downhill half-marathon in the Spring close to home, I am not sure you can beat Mississauga. The point-to-point can make it a bit of a coordination issue, but otherwise this is good race. I may run the half. I may not. Depends on the recovery. If I do, this will be it.