Toronto and Beyond

Well how did it go? (Read 226 times)

Hoping to hear from everyone who ran today, 5k, half or marathon. I was delighted to set a big PB at 1:42:58 in the half. Simon.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

Go Pre!

Hoping to hear from everyone who ran today, 5k, half or marathon. I was delighted to set a big PB at 1:42:58 in the half. Simon.
      It was a lovely day. perfect weather. felt great until 36k, then the wheels fell off and I stumbled in with an even 3:35. Still a PB but not the 3:30 I was gunning for. Probably went out a bit too fast after starting at the very back of the pack. Was trying to catch up and run with tuf. I saw Pat, he did well with splendid 3:53! I see we had some other good times today, a fab 3:33 for tuf-aint-dave 1:52 for Jason, good job to Simon with his PB. Hamilton in 2 weeks - who's with me????! Dave
        Way to go guys! Simon - you've only been running for 2 years???? Shocked You wouldn't have wanted a better day for a race! Cool I bet it was a tad chilly to start, though. Congratulations all around! Smile

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

I had a great race, trying to get on the site to see my official chip time but I ran about a 20 minute PR 3:53 over my first Marathon 3 weeks ago. I'll write a little report once I see my official chip time. Gun time was 3:55 and I was about 2 min behind the official start....Needless to say I'm happy. BQ next year seems real possible since I only have to do 3:45:59

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

Hamilton in 2 weeks - who's with me????! Dave
            You are one sick puppy, I'm not racing again until the ATB. My legs were just throbbing and I almost felt like crying. No real damage done, well actually none at all but throbbing like I've never felt before. Much better already though as the legs feel just like the normal tired throbbing I get after a long run. Good Job everyone it was a great day! Amazing coming from the back of the pack Dave. For those that dn't know at about the 4km mark Dave comes up behind me and casually says Hi. That's when I first foundout he started at the back......the very back!

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

Go Pre!

I had a great race, trying to get on the site to see my official chip time but I ran about a 20 minute PR 3:53 over my first Marathon 3 weeks ago. I'll write a little report once I see my official chip time. Gun time was 3:55 and I was about 2 min behind the official start....Needless to say I'm happy. BQ next year seems real possible since I only have to do 3:45:59
              your results Pat Smile
                Thanks man, duh- Me trying to logon to the toronto marathon site. Big grin

Great racing everyone! Dave E.... Dave P. and I saw Anita after the race, she looked good and was in good spirits. I my opinion she ran the toughest race, good on her. I had a 4+ minute PR with 1:52:09. I am very pleased. After today I've decided that I will have a go at ATB in the spring.... Looks like a tough winter of training for me. Simon.... looks like you destroyed you attempt to go 1:50. Great work! Congrats Pat.... amazing improvement over your first... 3 weeks ago! Killer! You marathoners amaze me! Jason
                    Outstanding day. Am I right to understand we ALL PB-ed? S-W-E-E-T!!! 3:33 for me. The last 4k were the toughest. Sorry I missed most of you. Great work. Very impressive. More tomorrow. I am watching 'There Will Be Blood' and eating candy. Might have another beer. Special props to JasonR as the best post-run support crew evah!
                      Seems like we all had great runs! Mutual congratulations all round; I hope Redleaf will check in and also have good news. I am starting to appreciate how tough it must be to run a marathon in under 4 hours- not for me thanks! Jason, sorry we didn't bump into each other, nice run, well done! Simon.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

redleaf

Seems like we all had great runs! Mutual congratulations all round; I hope Redleaf will check in and also have good news. I am starting to appreciate how tough it must be to run a marathon in under 4 hours- not for me thanks! Jason, sorry we didn't bump into each other, nice run, well done! Simon.
                        Aww thanks. I actually wrote a note under the previous thread! I volunteered at the race today. I spent so much time pouring gatorade my hands are that lovely shade of neon yellow-green! Unfortunately it also meant I was looking down the whole time and not able to cheer you all on (although I was thinking of you!) Big grin I think my next race will be the 5k at the beginning of December. I will ask the physio guy tomorrow and see what he says. On the plus side I was out for over an hour again Saturday morning even if it was 5:1s!

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

I was out for over an hour again Saturday morning even if it was 5:1s!
                          That's great.... An hour running is an hour running no matter how you do it. Nice work! Don't sell yourself short, most people wouldn't be able to do an hour like that. Jason
                            Feeling great today a little stiff when walking down steps but all in all I've recovered extremely well. I was at the start early enough to catch the half start. I obviously didn't see any of you guys. I stayed inside the north york city hall until the start of the race. Just wearing shorts and T so I wasn't going to stand around outside. I never even saw the Tim Hortons, although I did notice a second cup but it looked to crowded to grab a coffee. Sorry I missed you guys. As I've said before the Mid summers night run seems ideal for hanging around. Good job you didn't see me right after the race Jason, moaning and groaning like a very old man Big grin Funny thing I didn't get nipple bleeding but I have a small mole on my back that got chaffed and the back of my white shirt had about 10 square inches of blood stain. No crap the stain was about 1.5 inches wide and 6 inches long. Must have been quite the shocking sight to those behind me. Another weird thing at around the 28 km mark, this guy I'm just about to past yells "Watch out for the post" well I almost stumble and almost stop. For a fraction of a second I'm thinking ... Whoa who is halucinating here I don't see a post. I wonder if the guy made out alright he was still plugging along when I looked back about 20 yards later. So I guess one of the Daves is moving on to Hamilton, since the Goodlife Marathon is SO yesterday Big grin Great that you were volunteering Lisa, I missed you as well......I did say I zoneout when I run Big grin. I only took on water or gatorade at every other stop.

I was delighted to set a big PB at 1:42:58 in the half. Simon.
                              Good job Simon you could easily break 4hrs, running a first half that fast! Crap even if you took 2hrs to run the second half it would be a BQ for me.

Go Pre!

but all in all I've recovered extremely well.
                                Already? 24 hours? Are those legal drugs????