Garmin Runners

controlled heart rate running; maf, hadd, van eyten. etc (Read 471 times)

Hello All Don't you find that the hardest thing with this type of training is knowing that all of your efforts are working in a positive direction? what if there was a way to tell if you were progressing between runs or on a weekly basis, then you could analyse things like sleep and recovery between runs? if anyone is interested in that kind of feedback I would be interested to start a dialogue to see if my own results correlate with others. what I would need is a log of runs (preferably controlled heart rate running) that states averages for heart rate and speed in mph for each run combined with the distance and date of the run. I use a forerunner 305 and download the data using the garmin training center but take the data from that and make calculations in MS Excel. I get results like this: ( Injured 2 months ago ) anyone interested? cheers Ian
      I like to analyze running data too. A while back I requested the ability to download the following columns from any public RunningAhead log: Date, Distance, Duration, AvgHeartRate, and MaxHeartRate. See post here: http://www.runningahead.com/forums/topic/c447d18f24a648b09d36a183cf73887e There were a few members who did not like the idea.
        Hi Dean yes so I see! But, I'm not really interested in that kind of data use. What I wanted was someone who does controlled heart rate running and would be willing to send me data on a 1 to 1 basis with the aim of tracking progress or regression, run by run, strictly a non public experiment. Since I obtain all of my speed and heart rate data from a Garmin 305 I figured that this would be a good place to ask. cheers Ian if anyone is interested please email me at ianp 'at' ipdove.com
          I would, but I just don't care. I get too obsessed with running and analyzing minutiae. I got into running just to stop obsessing about nutririon, exercise, etc... only to get sucked into the low hr training thing. I'm trying to keep perspective-run slow so as to go a long time (I'm an ultrarunner), don't overeat, eat when hungry, fairly healthy, etc... I track my hr and pace and distacne on the Garmin software but I just want to enjoy the woods. Sorry.

"Run slowly, run daily, drink in moderation, and don't eat like a pig" Dr. Ernst Van Aaken. Sorry ultrasteve.