The Graduates

Longest run to date (Read 271 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

Went out this morning around sunrise and put in my longest run to date - 6.5 miles. Felt awesome during the run and knew I was running around 11 or 11:30 m/m, but nope. Got back and saw that I'd averaged 9:49/mile. Very nice for a long run. (Well, honestly that's nice for just abut any run right now!) Have a great week-end of running, grads!

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

WohooO! That's good stuff. I had my longest run this week too; 4.44 miles in 53minutes/some seconds which puts me in that 11:30 you weren't. Wink I'm still waiting/training to get that burst of speed. It'll come, I keep reminding myself that the more miles I run, I'll get faster.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

theyapper

On the road again...

Speed comes, but slowly over time (how's that for irony??). I looked at your log and I've got a bit more than twice your miles. Crazy thing about it is that the more base miles you get, the faster pace feels more like the slow pace. I would have sworn that I was running over 11 m/m today. It felt so relaxed, and that's the payoff of building that base slowly. Keep at it, Meg!

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Yeah, it comes. I keep reminding myself that 12:30 used to be average and now 11:30-11:45 is average. I'm definitely moving up. I'm in this for the long haul so I have time. Wink

Half Fanatic #9292. 

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Okay, my new longest is 6.1 miles, but boy, I sure don't feel much like I'm improving.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

It seems to me like you are! Why do you feel like you're not? Was the run tough going?
                My longest so far is a little over 4 miles, so I think 6. 1 is great!
                CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

It seems to me like you are! Why do you feel like you're not? Was the run tough going?
                  More just that my numbers feel stalled. I've got a race at the end of the month and I think I need to try to see if I can race it. I've run a couple of races but I don't think I pushed hard enough if that makes any sense.

Half Fanatic #9292.