Grandmas Marathon

Weather (Read 571 times)

Marquess of Utopia

We should all guess what the tempature will be at the start of the race and at 2 hours.

50 and 60. Yesterday it was 44 at 7:30am and 41 at 10am. Falling tempatures would be sweet.

What direction will the wind be comming from?

We should all guess what the tempature will be at the start of the race and at 2 hours.

50 and 60. Yesterday it was 44 at 7:30am and 41 at 10am. Falling tempatures would be sweet.

What direction will the wind be comming from?

75 at the start, 80 1 hour in, 85 at the finish.  wind from the south.    The race will suck, but the party temperature will be magnificent.  Since I only attend for the party, I'm hoping this is true.

And you know sometimes it gets so painful Just like talking to yourself When everything don't seem to have no rhyme or reason We all go Do do loo do do, do do loo do do Waiting for the sun to shine
      Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Scovill, you have it all wrong.

43 and cloudy at the start, 42 and cloudy 2 hours in, 78 and sunny at 4.5 hours.

Scovill, you have it all wrong.

43 and cloudy at the start, 42 and cloudy 2 hours in, 78 and sunny at 4.5 hours.

Has that ever happened other than Mr. Beardsley's AR?  It doesn't matter. It is what it is, though I'd be happier with clouds before temps if given only one choice.

I do wish that the kind people that push their sprinklers into the street would stop doing so on the tangents.  Nice thought, bad execution.

And you know sometimes it gets so painful Just like talking to yourself When everything don't seem to have no rhyme or reason We all go Do do loo do do, do do loo do do Waiting for the sun to shine
          Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

The problem with those sprinklers is that my shoes will get wet and then I will get a blister and then I will have to stop and walk it in.  Are blisters the same thing as bonking?
              The problem with those sprinklers is that my shoes will get wet and then I will get a blister and then I will have to stop and walk it in.  Are blisters the same thing as bonking?
              Making excuses already?

My prediction is that it's going to be hot, and that's going to suck. But then we're going to have ice cream and beer and jump in cold ass lake superior and everything will be right with the world again.

Do you really get in that lake?  Brrrr.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

From some weather web page.  I want to finish before the dew point hits 50.

2018 Goals:

Get Lucky Half  1:47:59

Grandmas Marathon

Fall Marathon - Twin Cities??

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yep.  better than an ice bath.

From a few years ago:

absolutely.  a big, splashy dive.

Yep.  better than an ice bath.

From a few years ago:

VERY NICE!  No dive from the "dock"?

absolutely.  a big, splashy dive.

This is my plan as well. Trent, make sure you're around in case my heart stops.

I'm ready for this. Scovill and I accidently ran faster than my MP for 10 miles yesterday... laughing and joking the whole time. Oops. Or maybe 7:18 is my marathon pace. Hmm.

Can't wait to see you guys. (Trent, Ramsay, Karen etc.) Candice misses Nashvillains Wink

I can't wait to see you, too, but you'll be on about your 4th beer by the time I finish!   How DID this get to be just a week away!  Sounds like you are completely ready for a FAST race!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Maybe they can pace themselves on the beers - and allow us to catch up.

H street, are you planning on running with a pace group?  

2018 Goals:

Get Lucky Half  1:47:59

Grandmas Marathon

Fall Marathon - Twin Cities??