Grandmas Marathon

Recent run (Read 283 times)

Trent, Every once in a while I look at the progress in our group. Looks like my brother Bob is a little injured. He hopes to get back in the next week. Hope there are some other Grandma participants out there that will join our group. Looks like you had a nice 1/2 marathon! Congratulations. I'm still on course with the 3 day a week schedule. Still not sure if its enough.

2018 Goals:

Get Lucky Half  1:47:59

Grandmas Marathon

Fall Marathon - Twin Cities??

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

3 day a week is good, 4 is better. But you don't want to make too many increases here with 3 months to go. If you can sneak in a fourth run, go for it. I often squeeze them in during the weekend, doing a long run one day and an easy shorter run the other. Thanks about the HM. It was a good day on an easy course that is similar to Grandma's: flat, next to water, a bit windy. This one was very unlike the HM I did a month ago up on big rolling hills in the cold snow. Both were good fun! Sorry Bob is hurt. What kind of injury?
        Sounds like a pulled calf muscle. He's been doing a Nordic track in place of running. It's a good cardio workout, but doesn't do much for running stamina. My sister is betting he won't break 4 hours. At this point, I think has the odds in her favor. But Bob has a lot of persistence. Just hope his body can take it!

2018 Goals:

Grandmas Marathon

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

What kind of times has Bob gotten in recent races? You?
            Bob used to be a big time runner, but hasn't run in awhile. He's run 3 or 4 marathons, the best time around 3:30. But that was over 10 years ago. I haven't really run races that much. Ran a 38 min 5 miler a few years ago. Longest run was a half marathon. I think I ran it in 1:55, but it was fairly causal - social run. Ran the same 5 miler on Sat and ran SLOW - 42:30. I think it was due to the long run (14 miles) I put in 2 days before. Still aiming to break 4 hours myself.

2018 Goals:

Grandmas Marathon

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Will you be able to run a HM between now and Duluth? That will help you predict fairly well. Based on your recent 5 miler, McMillan predicts 4:10 for you but 5 miles and 26 miles are so far apart that the prediction tends to break down. A 1:55 HM predicts a 4:02 under similar conditions. If you could run a HM in the next few weeks and pull a 1:50-1:52, you should have no troubles going 4:00 if the conditions are good and you feel good (which is NOT what happened to me at Grandmas last year, sheesh). They also have pace groups, which can really really help keep you going! Big grin