Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

Acorns suck (Read 505 times)

The King of Beasts

maybe, who knows.

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

DoppleBock

Seeing KoB avatar - Did you ever notice how in the early years of Tom and Jerry - Jerry was a little A-hole of a mouse and Tom was more innocent and the victim of that damn mouse.  Later years it was the complete opposite. 

But I suppose years of abuse jaded Tom.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

The King of Beasts

I like the blog DB.

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

DoppleBock

Thanks - I know I am not gifted at writing, but it is fun to share thoughts.

I am hopeful that Leadville training will make me more of a threat to you at Monkey this year.  I still hate road hill running - a necessary evil - But I am starting to enjoy train running a bit more.

Although Tuesday night at twilight when I was still 40 minutes from the truck - I had a new experience.  Apparently turkeys like to roost in the tops of trees.  As I ran by each would lift off of the tree - the branch would twang and it was relieved of the weight and a slow load wooshing sound could be heard as the turkey flew away.  It was very creepy - Unless they were really a band of renagade flying Monkeys - I think 13 of them.

I am not sure how smart it is to run in the dark all alone in the woods miles from anything.  But if my time is up I would rather be a good meal for a mountain lion, wolf or bear then at the wrong end of a knife or gun.   

I like the blog DB.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

From the parks today: " You may already know that the Tornado Road paved loop has been repaired.  I drove it this morning, and the barricades are gone.  Took a year to "recover" at this location!"