Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

Travel Plans (Read 600 times)

Oh Mighty Wing

A wins. I drove home 500 miles from my first marathon. It's not as big a deal as some make it out to be.
    oh good!! That makes me feel better about it!

Imminent Catastrophe

A wins. I drove home 500 miles from my first marathon. It's not as big a deal as some make it out to be.
      I've done it a few times and I have to say it's not at all fun. Very painful. Plan frequent stops. (Assuming you're driving home right after the race).

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

So it looks like we will be driving. As the flying expenses are a little too rich for our blood. So we will drive down Fri/Sat and drive home either Sun/Mon or just Mon. So what do you think will be worse: a) running the monkey b) driving the 13 hours home (~800 miles) after running the monkey I've already warned DH that I will have to sit in the back of the car and I may be incapable of driving. I must be nuts.
        I say C driving the 13 plus hours home with 2 7 year olds after running the monkey Confused We're pretty much doing the same thing.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Oh Mighty Wing

ok, Rocken, you win!!
            Those who actually DON'T live in Nashville...where are you staying and what nights? MTA: I just rebooked a room at the Hampton Inn and this time I remembered to use my AAA card so I saved some money. I'm just wondering about the rental car thing.

Michelle

Those who actually DON'T live in Nashville...where are you staying and what nights? MTA: I just rebooked a room at the Hampton Inn and this time I remembered to use my AAA card so I saved some money. I'm just wondering about the rental car thing.
              I'm staying at the same place, Thursday through Sunday nights. I haven't booked flights or a car yet, but I'll look into that this weekend. MTA: I'm flying in on Thursday afternoon and leaving on Tuesday morning. Staying at the Hampton.

Amy

Dragon - I'm getting in Thursday as well, only flight I could get was an overnight one. I am staying at the Hampton too.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                Thyroid Support Group

Hampton inn here as well.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Dragon - I'm getting in Thursday as well, only flight I could get was an overnight one. I am staying at the Hampton too.
                    I imagine it's difficult to get flights out of Alaska. Looks like all the cool people are staying at the Hampton Inn. Smile

Amy

Lazy idiot

Nothing booked as of yet. Probably Hampton as well. We're looking at coming in late Friday. Saturday AM was the original plan, but there's a little football game at 11 AM CST that I need to catch, so we'll be at a suitable drinking/football watching establishment for a few hours.

Tick tock

Did Shanhas say where she's staying? I guess she's on her way to TN right now.

Michelle

Nothing booked as of yet. Probably Hampton as well. We're looking at coming in late Friday. Saturday AM was the original plan, but there's a little football game at 11 AM CST that I need to catch, so we'll be at a suitable drinking/football watching establishment for a few hours.
                          Oh, good point. I wonder if the Eagles play that weekend.

Michelle

Lazy idiot

Oh, good point. I wonder if the Eagles play that weekend.
                            Not pro football, however, that I'm worried about this particular weekend.

Tick tock

Not pro football, however, that I'm worried about this particular weekend.
                              USC isn't playing that weekend, so unless you're talking about soccer, I don't understand your concern.

Amy

Lazy idiot

USC isn't playing that weekend, so unless you're talking about soccer, I don't understand your concern.
                                Heh... Sept 13 will be a battle. Risking cool points, it's the OSU/UM game.

Tick tock