Letters & Opinions

Wednesdailies (Read 17 times)

DavePNW

11 miles with a 6 mile tempo fail. I blame (1) quick turnaround after a 10-miler late yesterday afternoon, and (2) 15-20mph wind. Oh well, it's done.

I am now in the process of trying to apply to the NYC Marathon, and in a queue waiting to get on the site. Estimated wait time: "more than an hour."

Dave

catwhoorg

Labrat

2 and change. Front moving through in the next hour or so will bring storms and wind, and something like a 35-40 degree temperature drop.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

Baboon

delicate flower

Wind and rain, but at least it was a warm 53 degrees.  9 mile tempo shit at 6:51 overall avg.  Good run and I'm pooped.

<3

DeathRunnr

That Death Thingy

SRD. Spending my day at work doing driver training. I’ll admit that I’m pretty decent with vehicles. Lots up back-up maneuvers that I nailed, and I parallel parked flawlessly 

alywheel

Spring tennis league starts tonight. I should have taken a year off. I’m not feeling excited, and I haven’t played a match since October. The captain put me on line 1 singles, which basically guarantees I’ll lose.

Yes I’m being whiny.

HobbitLegs

elevenses

9 miles with 7 marathon pace. Did it on the treadmill since the heavy rains and winds really hit when it was time to run.

Good luck with the race sign up, Dave!

DavePNW

Good luck with the race sign up, Dave!

As of this year, it's no longer first-come, first-served - they now give you a week, and then do a Boston-style cutoff. I figure might as well get it in now, but I guess everyone else had the same thought. Probably many are not actually aware of the change.

Dave

cookiemonster

Connoisseur of Cookies

Hour on the trainer.

***************************************************************************************

"C" is for cookie.  That's good enough for me.

hog4life

Nothing today except a bunch of errands.

bobinpittsburgh

Lord of the Manor

Weight workout, and an 1800-yard swim. Lifeguard told me the new sauna opens tomorrow.

If I could make a wish I think I'd pass

DavePNW

NYCM application is in! It ended up being 1 hr 50 min in the queue. I think it'll be another month before I know for sure whether I'm accepted.

Dave

DeathRunnr

That Death Thingy

NYCM application is in! It ended up being 1 hr 50 min in the queue. I think it'll be another month before I know for sure whether I'm accepted.

I hope you get in! NYCM is awesome! I’d totally do it again even though I’m done with marathons.

alywheel

Spring tennis league starts tonight. I should have taken a year off. I’m not feeling excited, and I haven’t played a match since October. The captain put me on line 1 singles, which basically guarantees I’ll lose.

Yes I’m being whiny.

We got rained out! So I’m on the treadmill while DS is at swim. Looks like I need to reschedule.