Letters & Opinions

Introverts’ Clubhouse (Read 142 times)

Prince of Fatness

I was in the self checkout at Target and the attendant started making small talk and asking me about everything I purchased.  Fuck.  I just wanted to buy my shit and not talk to anyone at lunch.

Just let me be an asshole in peace.

Yeah, and what makes it worse is anytime you’re in the store and actually need to talk to an employee you get crickets.

Not at it at all. 

DeathRunnr

That Death Thingy

I am in overall agreement with Jason's post. Introvert high-five!

Yes! Jason nailed it!

As a person with narcolepsy, I’m already in a permanent state of sleepiness. After a social gathering, I feel like I just swallowed an entire bottle of sleeping pills.

DeathRunnr

That Death Thingy

If we built an Introverts' Clubhouse, what would it be set up like? A circular room with all of the tables facing outwards so you don't have to look at the other people?

This is a much better name for the thread!

RunJasonRun

This always happens. 
          1. I walk into a restaurant, and I am overjoyed to find that I am the only customer there. I get my food and sit down in a totally empty seating area, where I can enjoy being an introvert and introverting in the middle of all of this glorious introvertedness. 
          2. Right after I start to eat, some other guy gets his food and sits down at the next table over in a seat so that he is directly facing me.

I'll always respond in a friendly way if someone starts to converse with me.  There's a fine line between being an introvert and being a snobby prick, and I'm pretty good about not crossing that line.  Still, the above scenario always annoys me.

You got 'em.  Let the anticipation begin.  

catwhoorg

Labrat

We'd probably be better off in a virtual setting.  Like here.

You mean this isn't the Introverts clubhouse ?

I must have made a wrong turn at Albuquerque.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

NorNev

If we built an Introverts' Clubhouse, what would it be set up like? A circular room with all of the tables facing outwards so you don't have to look at the other people?

Yes and a shitload of good beer so at least I'd talk

paulski66

miscreant

No offense DR, but leave me the fuck alone.

I'm happy, hope you're happy too...

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Fellow introvert. I just got back from grocery shopping and will hopefully not talk to anyone again for several hours.

NorNev

And my wife is one that will talk to anybody

Mostly harmless

INTROVERTS UNITE!

This made me laugh.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

shu_runner

And my wife is one that will talk to anybody

My husband is that way, too.

HobbitLegs

elevenses

My husband is that way, too.

Mine is too, but it takes the pressure off me to talk when we're in social situations together. It only gets tough when I'm ready to leave and he's happily chatting away with someone.

I don't think I am an introvert, but I like my alone time (time with wife not included).  I don't want to run or bike with anyone, I don't want to go to your party, I don't want to make small talk with strangers, I don't want to go to any meetings, and I don't want to eat lunch with anyone.  I just want to be left alone.

^ This x 2.

I go to the park a mile away from work for lunch. I used to go to one a little closer until a coworker showed up and sat by me.

I found the new park and didn't mention it to him.

catwhoorg

Labrat

Run 5 miles, no-one* even tries to come along and chat with you.

*Well one guy did. He was so out of breath he couldn't speak, dropped early and never tried again.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

You people have issues....

I like my alone time.  I like spending time with family.  I like interacting with good people.  I still have issues, but, damn, nothing compared to you poeple

You people have issues