Letters & Opinions

L&O Photography Thread (Read 132 times)

Ultra Cowboy

yeah that dude with the 8-up team is usually ridin' drag.....

My Photos that I can post here.

WYBMADIITY

Save

Ultra Cowboy

Foggy morning on the way to work

WYBMADIITY

Save

RunJasonRun

Great photos, Rocky!

There's a stone arch walkway in front of an apartment complex on the other side of my neighborhood, and I run by it almost every day.  It's a really pretty spot that does not even remotely look sinister.

...until I took a photo last night and tinkered with my noir filter setting.

You got 'em.  Let the anticipation begin.  

superspike113

Honorary Old

Great pics guys. I need to be less lazy and figure out how to not be enraged by imgur or tinypic. We've had some absolutely stunning sunrises here lately and I need to get my ass up on a weekend to go capture one.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

RunJasonRun

Up until recently, I posted short (well, sometimes short) written recaps of each one of my runs on Facebook, mainly for accountability.  I didn't share Strava data, selfies, or any of that conventional stuff, but I would always write a paragraph or two about the run.  I had been following this tradition for years, though, and I had been sick of it for a long time, but I kept posting because I was afraid that folks on Facebook would think that I had been run over by a car or something if I suddenly stopped posting them.

Two weeks ago, I decided to stop posting the written running recaps and, instead, to take my iPhone with me during the runs and post one Instagram photo from each run.  

This has been a pleasant change.  I'm really burned out on running right now for a number of reasons, but this whole photo expedition thing has added a lot of enjoyment.  Instead of, "Argh...time to go for another crappy slow run.”, I'm like, “It's time to go see what cool things I can find.”

As an added bonus, I don't have to write a rationalization for why I had to take long walk breaks the entire time.

Ultra Cowboy

The phone cameras have been a blessing in that you can catch those little moments that make a run special.  Like when I caught the sun right between the Two Rocks yesterday (Thanksgiving) morning.

WYBMADIITY

Save

Ultra Cowboy

Holiday Selfie photo tip for the ladies......from Instagram....

Pro tip: if your man doesn’t always smile for pictures, whisper “I just farted” as you’re taking your selfie. Works every time 

WYBMADIITY

Save

RunJasonRun

Here are a couple more that I have taken recently.  The first was from a run this morning.  The second was of my brother's backyard that I took when I visited on Thanksgiving.  My brother and sister-in-law both geeked out when they saw it, because they told me that it makes their yard look a lot nicer than it actually is.  Everything looks nicer if you can catch the beauty of a moment from a particular angle with a photo, though.

outwestrunner

Wow, Jason. Love that first shot. I love how fog and cloudy days make colors pop.

RunJasonRun

I hope everyone is having a good week.  It's been a while, so here are more photos that I have taken during the past two or three weeks...

Resident Sk8r boi

Jain, where is that Christmas tree? Building looks  so familiar but I can’t plce it? It’s not the old depot in downtown kennesaw, is it?

RunJasonRun

Jain, where is that Christmas tree? Building looks  so familiar but I can’t plce it? It’s not the old depot in downtown kennesaw, is it?

Bingo!  It’s the old train depot in downtown Kennesaw, about three miles from my townhouse.  I took the photo just before joining some friends for the Drivin N Cryin concert the other night.

superspike113

Honorary Old

Got the new camera configured today. All I can say is WHOA. It is seriously bonkers. So here's a pic of my friend's adorable baby that has a grown man name.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

RunJasonRun

Good work, spike!

Resident Sk8r boi

Nice!

Bingo!  It’s the old train depot in downtown Kennesaw, about three miles from my townhouse.  I took the photo just before joining some friends for the Drivin N Cryin concert the other night.