Letters & Opinions

L&O Photography Thread (Read 132 times)

Ultra Cowboy

The beach last night was gorgeous.

WYBMADIITY

Save

RunJasonRun

Great photos, Rocky!

You got 'em.  Let the anticipation begin.  

superspike113

Honorary Old

Great pics!

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

I took some photos at DS1's BJJ promotion on Saturday. Another studio that's affiliated with our team came up in support and the guy who runs our group was promoted to brown belt.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

RunJasonRun

Cool, spike!

RunJasonRun

I hope that everyone is doing well.  Here are some that I took recently.  The first several are from a trail run with friends today, and the last two are from recent runs.

StepbyStep-SH

Those are fantastic, Jason! Beautiful place(s) to run.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

superspike113

Honorary Old

Great photos, Jason.

I'm feeling kinda depressed about photography after shooting that wedding last weekend. It was all indoors, artificial light, and just not my aesthetic and editing it is killing my soul.  In the future i will only shoot very small outdoor weddings if any.

bobinpittsburgh

Lord of the Manor

I know exactly what you are talking about, Spike. I almost never use flash - if there's not enough light to take a picture without flash I just don't take a picture. The indoor wedding pictures have to be taken, but that doesn't mean you have to be an accessory to the crime.

{{{{Spike's soul}}}}

If I could make a wish I think I'd pass

superspike113

Honorary Old

I know exactly what you are talking about, Spike. I almost never use flash - if there's not enough light to take a picture without flash I just don't take a picture. The indoor wedding pictures have to be taken, but that doesn't mean you have to be an accessory to the crime.

{{{{Spike's soul}}}}

I brought a backdrop to use by a window but they didn't want to do that, and I was only hired for 4 hours to do all the first looks, formals, ceremony, cake cutting /speeches, and first dances so there was no time to do anything creative and the couple was pretty stiff and uncomfortable in front of the camera. I'm terrified they are going to hate their photos because they look nothing like my other work. I did the best i could given the circumstances.

Ultra Cowboy

This last week was one of the best for sunsets and sunrises around home.

This one was off of my Iphone at the top of the hill on the ranch at the boundary fence corner.  Those are the neighbor's cows on the horizon.  The sun had been set for a good 10 minutes but the clouds to the south really picked up the color.

WYBMADIITY

Save

RunJasonRun

Nice photo, Rocky!

Ultra Cowboy

Nice photo, Rocky!

And you too!  You make the Southeast look much better than my preconceived notions of Kudzu infested swampland.  Perhaps one day I will cross the 100th parallel to experience it in person....

WYBMADIITY

Save

superspike113

Honorary Old

World reknowned knife and damascus steel maker Ed Schempp asked me to photograph some mosaic Damascus rings he made. The one he dropped off yesterday has an American flag design in the steel.  So excited to experiment with this!

bobinpittsburgh

Lord of the Manor

World reknowned knife and damascus steel maker Ed Schempp asked me to photograph some mosaic Damascus rings he made. The one he dropped off yesterday has an American flag design in the steel.  So excited to experiment with this!

Nice assignment!  Would love to see pictures if you're at liberty to post them after you're done.

If I could make a wish I think I'd pass