Letters & Opinions

Biden In The Post Orange White Nationalist World (Read 326 times)

DeathRunnr

That Death Thingy

How is this asshole’s life so charmed? https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-bond-reduced-fraud-appeal_n_660198c0e4b059750143d44c

WTF? Why? Why does he always get another chance? When will he ever be fully responsible for anything? I’m so tired of this bullshit. 

I was running errands today, which included stopping to fill up the gas tank. Gas is at $3.99/gallon right now. I go to the same gas station all the time right by my house. I noticed, again, a Joe Biden sticker on the gas pump right next to the gas price with a caption that said, “I did this!” Every time gas prices are high, I see this sticker. Whenever they go down, the stickers disappear. I’m confused.

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

WTF? Why? Why does he always get another chance? When will he ever be fully responsible for anything? I’m so tired of this bullshit. 

I was running errands today, which included stopping to fill up the gas tank. Gas is at $3.99/gallon right now. I go to the same gas station all the time right by my house. I noticed, again, a Joe Biden sticker on the gas pump right next to the gas price with a caption that said, “I did this!” Every time gas prices are high, I see this sticker. Whenever they go down, the stickers disappear. I’m confused.

Yeah, I haven’t been seeing those stickers a lot (usually gas up at Sam’s, and they have an attendant), but I’m so sick of seeing the pic of the Casey’s Country Store gas station with low prices and the caption: “MARCH OF 2020. REMEMBER THIS IN NOVEMBER.” Strains my “no engagement” policy to the breaking point - it’s so glaringly obvious why prices were so low then.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Been seeing stuff like, "If you think you are better than you were 4 years ago, you must be an illegal alien"

MARCH OF 2020.

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

The NY Hush Money Case judge issued a gag order for Trump.

OOOOOOOOOOOH, IT'S ON NOW!!!

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

RunJasonRun

OOOOOOOOOOOH, IT'S ON NOW!!!

The day after the "grab pussy" quote came to light years ago, I said to myself, "I cannot believe that was not the end of it for Trump.  It amazes me that it did not all end for him right then."

I have been saying that same thing to myself every single day...every single day...since then as a reaction to a different Trump story every single day since then.  

You got 'em.  Let the anticipation begin.  

Baboon

delicate flower

Incoming appeal of said gag order followed by a trial delay in order to have a hearing for the appeal.

<3

RunJasonRun

I belong to a Facebook group of concert friends, most of whom live in California, and who always have presale codes, etc.

Someone posted earlier today...

"A friend of mine just went to a meet-and-greet with Simple Minds before one of their UK shows, and relayed that they will not be back in the US for more dates here this year after they play here at Cruel World this May.  They may possibly come back to the U.S. in the spring of 2025."

I posted a reply comment:

"As someone who follows music and cinema alike, I get the impression lately that the first half of 2024 is being front-loaded with new releases, touring acts, and big films, while the second half of the year seems pretty mellow so far. I wonder if touring bands and studio distributors are predicting a lot of volatility in the U.S. during the last half of this year.  It is too early in the year to guess, but I still wonder."

The original poster replied:

"Jason, I didn’t put it in the post, but, yes, that is the reason they gave."

You got 'em.  Let the anticipation begin.  

Prince of Fatness

The gag order is nonsense. I mean, what’s the worst thing that could happen if Trump spouts off on someone? It’s not like he would spark a riot or anything like that.

Not at it at all. 

katarama

Tribal Elder

"Keep doing things." - Jim Martin, 93 year-old paratrooper and badass.

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

Just in time for Easter, Donald is selling Bibles at $59.99 a pop. It's his favorite book!

Why is there never a lightning bolt when you need one?

Came here to post this.  He's literally a traveling Bible salesman now.

I would not be surprised, not one iota, if he's made a few changes to the text.  Another one from the Hitler playbook.

shu_runner

It's absolutely stunning how free of consequence that man is.

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

Please, oh please, someone ask him what translation it uses, and video his answer.

DavePNW

Please, oh please, someone ask him what translation it uses, and video his answer.

That’s easy: “The best one.”

Dave

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

That’s easy: “The best one.”

*snaps fingers*  DANG!  He's a master theologian, to boot!

HobbitLegs

elevenses

The New Revised Asshole Version