Letters & Opinions

Biden In The Post Orange White Nationalist World (Read 326 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Pro tip: you can be on FB and not be friends with idiots, and avoid engaging with idiots who comment on other people’s posts.

Agree.

There is toxicity everywhere and on every social media platform. Facebook is very valuable for me to keep connected to a number of groups I like to connect with, for sharing photos (as with on Insta), and for marketing events and my race. It is also a whole lot easier to keep connected to people on FB and other social media than to try to keep a curated list of phone numbers and other ways to contact people I see only periodically. A number of other ways to connect with people, get recommendations, sell or give away items, seek volunteers, etc.

I block or ignore assholes as much as I can over there. I have never found it that difficult to do.

And as Jason has said, I kinda like to keep an eye on what the other side is thinking and saying.

StepbyStep-SH

Agree.

There is toxicity everywhere and on every social media platform. Facebook is very valuable for me to keep connected to a number of groups I like to connect with, for sharing photos (as with on Insta), and for marketing events and my race. It is also a whole lot easier to keep connected to people on FB and other social media than to try to keep a curated list of phone numbers and other ways to contact people I see only periodically. A number of other ways to connect with people, get recommendations, sell or give away items, seek volunteers, etc.

I block or ignore assholes as much as I can over there. I have never found it that difficult to do.

And as Jason has said, I kinda like to keep an eye on what the other side is thinking and saying.

All of this.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Prince of Fatness

You don’t need FB for this. They aren’t even trying to hide their hatred anymore.

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I hear you. I learn a lot more content and nuance from X and from FB than anywhere else.

You don’t need FB for this. They aren’t even trying to hide their hatred anymore.

Anyhow, your phone # is one of the ones I happily curate Smile

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

Agree.

Yep, all this for me too. Except I don’t have a race.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

katarama

Tribal Elder

Remember Rod Blagojevich? The former governor of Illinois who was impeached and went to federal prison for selling Obama's Senate seat? (Donald commuted his sentence after he spent 8 years in the big house.) Not long ago, Blago sued Illinois under 42 USC 1983 which forbids any person from depriving another of civil rights under color of state law. He makes the novel arguments that the disability imposed by his impeachment should be removed because he might want to run for office again and not allowing him to deprives the people of the right to vote for him.

The judge's decision is a work of art--as one legal commentator said, judges often paint a picture with their words and this one's a Jackson Pollock. The decision is embedded in the clicky and at only 10 pages is worth a read. Denser shade has never been thrown.

"Keep doing things." - Jim Martin, 93 year-old paratrooper and badass.

#artbydmcbride

I get a 404 error  

Runners run

RunJasonRun

You got 'em.  Let the anticipation begin.  

n a m

1stBrn ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Unicrn

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

katarama

Tribal Elder

Sorry! That link was the Chicago Tribune. . Here's one from CBS

"Keep doing things." - Jim Martin, 93 year-old paratrooper and badass.

cookiemonster

Connoisseur of Cookies

Yowza!

I generally have a hard time reading court decisions for all the legal writing style.  But this was not only readable it was entertaining.  Talk about a smack down!

***************************************************************************************

"C" is for cookie.  That's good enough for me.

RunJasonRun

An attack of the vapours: Tennessee bill endorses chemtrails conspiracy theory

Dihydrogen monoxide can be deadly under certain circumstances. 

You got 'em.  Let the anticipation begin.  

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

Whoo!  That was fun.  I learned something, too, I'd never heard of a case being "ripe" or not.

Is it at all common for decisions to read like that, in "Explain Like I'm 5" style?  Does it make it seem unprofessional?

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

DeathRunnr

That Death Thingy

Drove 10 miles out of my way to sign a petition that will hopefully get enough signatures to put AZ abortion access on the ballot. They didn’t get enough signatures last time. I hope it works this time and we can let Arizonans decide if abortion should remain legal in this state.

DavePNW

Drove 10 miles out of my way to sign a petition that will hopefully get enough signatures to put AZ abortion access on the ballot. They didn’t get enough signatures last time. I hope it works this time and we can let Arizonans decide if abortion should remain legal in this state.

Good luck! Everywhere it goes to a popular vote, it passes. There will be forces doing everything possible to invalidate the petition. They need to make a better effort to get signatures—I can see how they didn’t get enough last time if they’re making people drive 10 miles!

Dave