Letters & Opinions

St. Patrick’s SUNDAILIES (Read 20 times)

DeathRunnr

That Death Thingy

Woke up early this morning to go for a run, only to discover that it’s still raining. That’s odd. Weather forecast said it was supposed to stop by late last night. Looks like my run will have to wait until after my BODYPUMP™ class is done. Hopefully things will clear up by then.

Any L&O’ers celebrating the emerald holiday today? I used to get shitfaced every St. Patrick’s Day back in my younger years, but now I hardly drink at all. I’ll be avoiding Irish pubs today, for sure.

hog4life

No celebrating for me either. I need to mow the grass/weeds today.

shu_runner

3.73 mile run on a local trail.  It was beautiful.

Baboon

delicate flower

I am not Irish so this is just another day for me, but I am happy to wish a Happy Holiday to all who celebrate.

I was out the door early (for a Sunday) this morning for my run,  MIL came over for brunch for DW's birthday so I had to get the run done early.  I got 7 easy miles done, with the last 2.5 miles being uphill.  64 miles for the week.

<3

RunJasonRun

Four miles.  Down by the river.

I also decided to treat myself to my favorite pizza in the world, Blue Moon Pizza, near the river.  If anybody needs me, then I will be in the sweatpants aisle at Walmart.

You got 'em.  Let the anticipation begin.  

n a m

1stBrn ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Unicrn

90 minutes on the trainer.  Shawshank Tonight!

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

DeathRunnr

That Death Thingy

BODYPUMP™ class done, followed by a 4.22 mile run. It’s always so weird to me that I run better after my class instead of before.

bobinpittsburgh

Lord of the Manor

DW and I went hiking at Wingfield Pines Conservation Area, so I am up to 6,000 steps for the day, but it’s mostly a rest day. I am thinking I might go for a swim tomorrow.

If I could make a wish I think I'd pass

DavePNW

No Irish here. Went out to dinner last night and they had a few items on a St Patrick’s day specials menu. One was a Reuben which does have corned beef but does not sound particularly Irish to me. I also learned the Irish immigrants in the US actually got their corned beef from the Jews, with whom they shared the Lower East Side slums. Anyway I subbed the side of fries with sweet potato fries, making it even less Irish. But I did have a Guinness with it, so there’s that.

Met up with my running group this morning and ran 7.75 miles. I wore a green shirt, but surprisingly few others did. Buncha party poopers.

64 miles for the week.

Twinsies! 

Dave

pcolajen

kind of a big deal

Peloton 65 mins/19 miles

cookiemonster

Connoisseur of Cookies

Hour and forty on the trainer.

***************************************************************************************

"C" is for cookie.  That's good enough for me.

HobbitLegs

elevenses

5.1 total miles including a 5k. My marathon training legs had one gear but it was good enough for 2nd in my age group!

DavePNW

Congrats Hobbit!

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

5.1 total miles including a 5k. My marathon training legs had one gear but it was good enough for 2nd in my age group!

Great job, Hobbitses!

<3

bobinpittsburgh

Lord of the Manor

Congratulations Hobbit! I think it was dinner with Trent at the falafel place that pushed you across the finish line. 

If I could make a wish I think I'd pass