Letters & Opinions

Cloudy SATURDAILIES (Read 22 times)

DeathRunnr

That Death Thingy

Enjoying the cool temps while I can. Summer is coming.

4-mile run through the neighborhood. Time for a quick shower, and then I’m off to the gym to teach an hour of BODYPUMP™. DH and I are getting massages later today. I made the appointment after I tweaked my shoulder last week from hauling junk. This guy has incredibly strong hands and always seems to fix me when I have an issue, so I’ll have a pleasant and relaxing evening.

DavePNW

8 miles in mid-40s drizzle.

Dave

RunJasonRun

Five miles, mostly taking spring pictures at a local park

You got 'em.  Let the anticipation begin.  

Baboon

delicate flower

Half marathon in 1:28:23.  8 OA and 1 AG.  37 degrees, pouring rain, and 15-20 mph wind.  I ran a really good race in some weather bullshit.

Clothes report:

• 2XU compression tights, full length
          • Long sleeve tech shirt
          • Light raincoat (first time I raced in one and that was a good decision)
          • Light gloves
          • Tech beanie with trucker cap over it

I think I nailed the dressing.  I was a little worried about getting too warm with the long sleeve shirt plus raincoat, but I could feel the cold from the rain so I stayed cool.  Once I stopped running, I was instantly freezing.

<3

DavePNW

Awesome Babs! Crushed it!!

Dave

n a m

1stBrn ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Unicrn

RD

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Congrats, babs!! At least you’re speedy so you didn’t have to suffer too long in that mess. I hope you’re warm and fed by now. 

I ran 7 easy miles.

hog4life

WTG babs, congrats! Not much for me but I did jog to the mailbox and back. My knee was aching a bit but it wasn’t painful.

I’ll be watching some of the March madness basketball so I’ll get more ass-time, lol.

katarama

Tribal Elder

Great work, babs! Amazing time! Your post yesterday reminded me of running a half in similar weather conditions and I remember being cold for hours after, even after a hot shower.

MTA that I just looked to see when that race is this year. It was today in conditions similar to yours.

"Keep doing things." - Jim Martin, 93 year-old paratrooper and badass.

DeathRunnr

That Death Thingy

Babs doesn’t let some shitty freezing rain fuck up his day. That is awesome!

My massage is done. I’m sitting here while DH is getting his massage, and I feel all drunk and fucked up. A lot of that massage was painful. He focused mainly on my shoulder, which is already a lot better. He did very little work on my legs, and that’s good, because my quads were screaming at him the entire time.

Half marathon in 1:28:23.  8 OA and 1 AG. 

Nice work!

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn

I raced a couple of weeks ago and signed up for a race today, but when I woke up this morning, I realized it was a nope.

Went out earlier after stopping by work for a run/walk-about.

A bit over 20 miles, legs felt ok but I knew not going to my race was the right decision.

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn