Letters & Opinions

Where art thou, Wednesdailies? (Read 21 times)

StepbyStep-SH

Searching, searching, yet in vain.

3 miles run/walk. Consistency is helping me a lot - not that I'm any faster than a few weeks ago, but it feels much better. A long way to go still, but almost a runner again.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

DeathRunnr

That Death Thingy

A much needed RD. All the BODYPUMP™ classes I taught over the last few days have left my quads pretty sore.

DavePNW

9 miles with strides and a hard fall on the concrete around mile 8. It's been quite a while, so I guess I was due. I got scraped up pretty good.

MTA: my day was made much better upon receiving my acceptance to NYCM!

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

Congrats, Dave!

I had a track workout.  9 miles w/2 x 3 miles at HM effort.  It was hard and now I am tired.

<3

StepbyStep-SH

9 miles with strides and a hard fall on the concrete around mile 8. It's been quite a while, so I guess I was due. I got scraped up pretty good.

Much better news than the gravity check! Congrats!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

n a m

1stBrn ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Unicrn

I bailed on Zwift. I did not care for it at all. I’m back to using TrainerRoad. Ramp test this morning before work. 

Good news Dave. Sorry about your fall.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

hog4life

RD, other than driving into KC and getting my wife enrolled in Medicare and a supplemental plan.

cookiemonster

Connoisseur of Cookies

93 minutes on the trainer.

***************************************************************************************

"C" is for cookie.  That's good enough for me.

HobbitLegs

elevenses

I forgot to report that I ran 6 miles earlier today.

Congrats on getting into the NYCM, Dave!

DeathRunnr

That Death Thingy

Woo hoo! That’s awesome! You will have so much fun with that one! And soooo many options for a post-race meal!

DavePNW

Woo hoo! That’s awesome! You will have so much fun with that one! And soooo many options for a post-race meal!

Haha, straight to food! Good to have some things in life we can depend on.

Dave

shu_runner

Grats, Dave.  Sorry about the spill.

4 miles w/ Mr. Shu.  It was 70 degrees which is too hot imo.

bobinpittsburgh

Lord of the Manor

Congratulations on getting into the NYCM, Dave. I hope the spill didn’t harm anything other than your pride.

Another rest day for me. The cold seems to be subsiding, but I am still tired.

If I could make a wish I think I'd pass

Congratulations, Dave!

Since I haven't run anything since Boston 2014 and haven't been keeping up, aren't NYCM standards tougher?

1.3 run with the pup.  I go to work, come home and spend a couple hours moving boxes and furniture.  By then, I don't have the energy or the time to do much more.

DavePNW

Thanks everyone!

Since I haven't run anything since Boston 2014 and haven't been keeping up, aren't NYCM standards tougher? 

Yes—my BQ time is 3:35, my NYCMQ time is 3:23. What makes it a bit easier is they also allowed you to qualify with a half. (That goes away next year.) But what makes it even harder is the relatively small number of time qualifiers they take. Whereas Boston is about 85% time qualifiers and 15% charity runners, there are other ways to get into NY—they have guaranteed entry slots for people who run races put on by NYRR (the org that puts on NYCM), and they also have an open lottery. In the past, non-NYRR time qualifiers like me would get in first-come, first-served as soon as registration opened online. They changed it this year to give you a week to apply, but then they’ll establish a cutoff like Boston. They haven’t actually announced what that is, they’re just gradually accepting people. It’s kind of weird, no one knows exactly how they’re doing things.

Dave