Letters & Opinions

Wednesdailies at the track (Read 22 times)

Baboon

delicate flower

Whatcha say there, Hondo!  I was up early this morning for a 10 mile track workout.  2 mile warmup, then 6 x 1 mile at HM pace with 400m recoveries.  That was a hard workout and now I am tired.  I may pedal the bike trainer later for some very light recovery.

How are you today!

<3

StepbyStep-SH

I actually almost felt like a runner this morning. 3 miles, still at a 5:1 run/walk and an overall pace that is laughable, but it felt more natural than it has in months.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

DeathRunnr

That Death Thingy

SRD

hog4life

I’m hoping for a bike ride later and some yard work.

HobbitLegs

elevenses

5 easy miles

DavePNW

It's my usual track day, but I shifted that to yesterday, due to a race on Saturday. Today was just 6 miles easy, at 28 degrees, in shorts.

Dave

bobinpittsburgh

Lord of the Manor

Swam 2250 yards, then 15 minutes in the sauna.

If I could make a wish I think I'd pass

alywheel

Thursday is track day!

I usually run on the treadmill during swim practice, but my shins and thighs are sore from a long tennis match last night. I noticed there was one spot left in an “Intro to Boxing” class. So I’m going to give that a shot.

Update - it was fun. Definitely a 1:1 sales pitch class. Like, “Here’s your free version. You can sign up for monthly training.” But I can’t lie it feels REALLY GOOD to hit something or someone (with pads) as hard as you can, over and over again. Cathartic. Also I am bleeding from the webbing between both of pinkies and ring fingers. I could imagine trying it for a couple of months for the self-defense aspect.

hog4life

I’m hoping for a bike ride later and some yard work.

2 hours of yard work running a chainsaw, then a 15.6 mile ride.

cookiemonster

Connoisseur of Cookies

90 minute trainer ride followed by an "optional" 20 minute run of which I only ran about 13 minutes.

***************************************************************************************

"C" is for cookie.  That's good enough for me.