Letters & Opinions

The ‘ordle thead (spoilers, yo) (Read 69 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Wordle 327 4/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
    🟩⬜🟩🟩⬜
    🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Prince of Fatness

So, use the same first word every time?

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I do.

Every. Dang. Time.

alywheel

So, use the same first word every time?

I do.  Heart. My daughter uses Irate. Today I got it in three tries. There were some interesting choices for words this week. 

The other one I’ve enjoyed is Globle. You pick a country and it color codes on the map how close (darker red) or far away (lighter beige) you are to that day’s country. The days when they pick a tiny pacific island nation are challenging. But there are unlimited guesses.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

But not everybody does.

The other thing I often do is tomorrow's worldle before going to bed by changing the date on my phone. That way I can avoid any spoilers and also not rush to do it while also rushing to get ready for the day.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

https://semantle.com

Infinite guesses. Try to guess the word. It tells you how close your guess is to the hidden word based on google semantic distance. It starts out like looking for a small bead in a sandy beach. Once you finally get close, it gets better. But it takes a lot of time.

Prince of Fatness

But not everybody does.

The other thing I often do is tomorrow's worldle before going to bed by changing the date on my phone. That way I can avoid any spoilers and also not rush to do it while also rushing to get ready for the day.

I’ve only been doing it for a few weeks. Started using the word water. Wasn’t always happy with the results. Switched to the word stale and I like it better. 

I do it in the morning. It doesn’t take long. Many times I’ll do the NYT crossword the night before since that can take more time. They release that at 10 PM the night before.

Not at it at all. 

catwhoorg

Labrat

I do.  Heart. My daughter uses Irate. Today I got it in three tries. There were some interesting choices for words this week. 

The other one I’ve enjoyed is Globle. You pick a country and it color codes on the map how close (darker red) or far away (lighter beige) you are to that day’s country. The days when they pick a tiny pacific island nation are challenging. But there are unlimited guesses.

I do worldle. Same sort of concept.

Helps that I have a really strong knowledge of geography and obscure countries.

Some of the Islands though are tough.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

catwhoorg

Labrat

My standard opening

STAIN

then PROUD or PRUDE

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

StepbyStep-SH

I change up my first word most days in Wordle and Quordle. Sometimes using a word with less common letters pays off, sometimes not. I haven't taken the time for Octordle for a while.

My son likes Worldle (notice the extra letter) - it shows you the shape of a country, you guess, and then it will tell you the distance and direction from your guess to the country of the day. A hint I just saw for this is that the distance is actually country-center to center, not border to border.

I'll play Semantle in fits and starts - often starting by just randomly "swyping" around the keyboard to create words and see if anything sticks.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Mr MattM

I quit wordle when I missed my first one... after 88 straight.

Every morning I do the USA Today Crossword and the NYT Spelling Bee until I get to Genius level.  Then I finish all of the spelling words in the evening.  Every morning.

be curious; not judgmental

Baboon

delicate flower

I do the Wordle every day and use a different word first simply because using the same word is boring.

<3

Tar Heel Mom

kween

I do.

Every. Dang. Time.

Have you tried jewdle? It’s tough cause the transliteration leaves room for many “alternative” spellings if the foreign words.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

alywheel

I do worldle. Same sort of concept.

Helps that I have a really strong knowledge of geography and obscure countries.

Some of the Islands though are tough.

I did Worldle for a little while but stopped and have gravitated to globle.  Globle is a bit easier!! Partially due to the unlimited guesses.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Then there is heardle… music