Low HR Training

"Expose Your Slow Twitchers" Daily Maffetone and/or Low-HR Training Reports (Read 23290 times)

Docket_Rocket

Awwww, thanks, guys.

I did 3 miles @ 137HR yesterday and I could've gone forever (it ended up being close to 12:10mm but I don't remember).  Today, I'll try 4-5 miles at recovery HR (140 or thereabouts).

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Wandering Wally

60+ minutes last night on the indoor track at the Y.  Wind was blowing steady at 20-30 and I didn't feel like fighting it.  Back outside tonight.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

Chasing the bus

Another 6 treadmill, walk run/MAF hybrid, times identical, HR slightly lower. Starting to think there's something to this.

“You're either on the bus or off the bus.”
        Tom Wolfe, The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test

BeeRunB

8 mile walk with hills

one of those "two steps forward" daysCool

Docket_Rocket

Hi, work was too hectic yesterday so I only had time to do 2 @ 137HR and 12:02mm.  Not bad.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Wandering Wally

99 minutes last night at MAF.  Not as windy so I did it outside.  Is this heart rate based training helping?  It seems to be.  In another month or so I'll probably have a better idea.  If nothing else I feel a ton better.  As long as I stay at MAF or below I feel like I could go on and on forever, but it seems to take just about forever to get anywhere.  I'm sure that will improve with time.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

BeeRunB

3 mile walk

16:56 pace

Cool

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I did 6 last night at 146 HR (sub-11mm) so it went really well.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

BeeRunB

11 mile walk

16:40 pace

Have a great weekend!Cool

--Jimmy

Chasing the bus

Because my favorite coffee shop opened a new location much closer to me, I celebrated with two amazing varietal dopios at  3pm wed. Because I drank so much caffeine so late in the day, I only got 4.5 hr's sleep. Because I was sleep deprived, I missed my morning long run. Then last night I woke up sick. Still dunno if it's flu or bad food as I lay here recovering, but I'm not gonna get an easy warmup run today before the 5k tomorrow, if I can make the race at all! I'd say pass the cheese, plenty of whine here, but I'm not ready for solid food yet...

“You're either on the bus or off the bus.”
                      Tom Wolfe, The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test

Docket_Rocket

Ugh, feel better, Furthur!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Shoes_N_Shorts

Just here for the food

Got a solid 29.5 miles in today. The weather was beautiful for a nice run along the river. Kept the HR under 141 for 17 miles, then the monitor went crazy. Switched to pace and just maintained what I'd been doing up to that point, and felt comfortable the whole way. Very few walk breaks in between and just enjoyed being out. Pace was 11:26.

I've just begun including a day of hill intervals, or one mile cruise intervals each week. I know that the MAF running I've been doing for about 14 weeks has helped a lot, but sometimes those harder efforts just feel "right." It's nice to have the body respond in that way, as I was ready for some variety mentally. Hopefully that continues into April, when I'll return to MAF for another 6-8 weeks.

Well, I'm gonna jump in here.  Completed my first ever run longer than 5 miles this morning.  6 mostly hilly miles at 141 HR and 9:48 pace.  My body must be pretty used to the mostly 3 and 4 mile runs, but 6 made my butt hurt!!!

Eric

PRs:  5k - (20:42) 3/9/2013 18:55 (9/28/13)

10k - (42:42) 3/23/2013 39:11 (10/26/13) course was short @ 6.0 mi :)

10 mi - (1:12:10) 4/6/2013

HM - (1:34:38) 4/27/2013

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  My HM yesterday was a disaster.  I didn't know I had symptoms of a big migraine, only that I was nauseous from Mile 5 to 13.1 and I had to walk a lot.  Still, running at 9:30mm at 160HR was promising since that is my marathon HR and that was faster than what I usually run at that HR.  Something positive I guess.

I slept 11 hours and now I feel more human.  Planning on doing 8 tonight at 145HR (easy pace).  We'll see.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Good training week for everyone.

Further* rest and recover.

Damaris* glad to hear the migraine went away. DW gets them.

Back strain on Wednesday. Not running. LRM 3/2.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/