Low HR Training

"Expose Your Slow Twitchers" Daily Maffetone and/or Low-HR Training Reports (Read 23290 times)

lowgear1

Max McMaffelow Esq.

I can't wait to be able to upload MB runs to this site
    sherpagirl, I'm used to folks towering over me, especially in the mafflands. Don't tell me your literally a sherpagirl? Cool!! My lofty ambition is to AG a Mary within 2-3 yrs. LG1, re: boring/bored.....perhaps prolix, but i know you wern't hitting below the belt. Wink
    ♪ ♫ Hey, hey, we're Maf Monkees And people say we monkey around. ♪ ♫ (The Monkees)
    Give me 12:59 in '09, please. I deserve it! (Maf of course)..No more teens! No more teens! (ME! ME! ME!)
    ♪ ♫ I Thank The Lord For The Night Time...And I Thank The Lord For You ♪ ♫ (Neil Diamond)
    lowgear1

Max McMaffelow Esq.

sherpagirl, Please excuse the multiple posts, I just came down from browsing Sherpajohn's blog linked here on RA member profiles. I think I got the name correct, but check it out. I'm a little light-headed from the experience. Have yet to figure out motionbased log thingie (digitaly challenged) LG1, Must take nap now..thin air makin sle e p y..........................
      ♪ ♫ Hey, hey, we're Maf Monkees And people say we monkey around. ♪ ♫ (The Monkees)
      Give me 12:59 in '09, please. I deserve it! (Maf of course)..No more teens! No more teens! (ME! ME! ME!)
      ♪ ♫ I Thank The Lord For The Night Time...And I Thank The Lord For You ♪ ♫ (Neil Diamond)
      BeeRunB

quicky checkin 46 minutes Meinong, Taiwan hr ave 129 ran with wife among the tabacco, rice, and banana fields on a bike path! hot here How did I get here? See ya soon --Jimmy
        BeeRunB

one more while I have a computer at my fingertips. Many wild dogs here. Luckily they're afraid of people. I am getting so much interesting, exotic food shoved down my noodle hole, I'm going to weigh 300 pounds. I am definitely something to look at for the Taiwanese. I'm very, very white, and so is my hair. Lots of stares. I'm a foreigner and feel left out of every conversation, save a few tidbits thrown my way by my wife. One gal thought I looked like Robert Redford. I didn't think Robert Redford was ugly. Felt strange running around in shorts. No one runs that I can see. All scooter and bikes. I did see a man doing stairs at the local Confuscious temple. Stopped, rolled up his pants cuffs and proceeded to run up a few 100 stairs. Had authentic Hakar food today in Meinong (my mother-in-law lives there). Have had very little sleep. Sleeping on tatami, which is basically a bare floor to an American. I tossed and turned more than Shamu the whale during performance. At 4:00 the roosters wake you up. Can't get used to the tiny sandals I must wear around the house. Many, many beautiful sights. The people are so friendly and respectful, and beautiful. Scary driving by my mother-in-law. I've yelled out a few times thinking I was about to die. Where we are staying (the other place) we can see Tapei 101 tower from our bedroom. More tatami there. Spreading my ribs like a jaws of life as I sleep. Lots of walking.. Hoping to maintain a bit of slow twitch fitness. Japanese and China airlines beats any American airline any day. Amazing service, clean bathrooms, and the most beautiful sky waitresses in the universe. The plane trip was a bit grueling, but not as bas as I thought. Well that's it. Oh, "smelly tofu" who would ever smell that and go "I want to eat that!" Too each their own. Keep going. Back to my adventrue. --Jimmy
          lowgear1

Max McMaffelow Esq.

I am getting so much interesting, exotic food shoved down my noodle hole, I'm going to weigh 300 pounds. Oh, "smelly tofu" who would ever smell that and go "I want to eat that!" --Jimmy
            Jimmy, Stateside, I strive to keep at arms length the evil crust and heady lager; Though in moments of denial carb load some future journey. Thanks for most enjoyable update! Truly awesome. Edited to add.. www/wiki causing greenish tint ...temps in 70s, paper umbrellas,first class inhabitants..... must be rough!! This just in as reported by NPR: R. I. and Mich. lead list of states with declining pop. ...hmm?? LG1 .....I'll have the combo please, hold the anchovys
            newgeneration

Even Lower...I kept my heart rate a little lower today, averaging 131 bpm over 7 miles (10:50/mil avg) on the treadmill. I liked this, as I did not have to adjust treadmill speed very often, and will continue to try this out.
                A mere 40 minutes this morning on the treadmill. Just trying to get some runs in on my work break. HR avg 128 (MAF=140) with Max of 141. No deer sighted in the basement.
                  12/24/07: 3.99 miles / 9:20 / 149 AHR 12/25/07: biked for a while in the gym, 120-130 bpm. 12/26/07: 4.96 miles / 9:55 / 147 AHR 12/27/07: 6.16 miles / 9:27 / 153 AHR Haven't posted here in a few days. Today's run, a lunch-time 6 miler, was beautiful out, but I kept a co-worker waiting on lunch. Hah. Ate upon my return. My shins are acting up this week, I'm torn between hitting 400 miles for the year and taking it easy to let my legs catch up with the rest of me. Hmm...

sean

lowgear1

Max McMaffelow Esq.

Newgeneration Docster SurfNRun, On the subject of shoes, I guess I've been very lucky.I've used a wide assortment, usually leaning towards price. Probably not the wise approach, but other than minor initial break-in type discomfort, things have gone well. I'ts important to note however, that I "run" at a snail's pace, which usually means slightly past a brisk walking level. Of all, I'm most happy with the 'Asics Gel Cumulus' and would have opted for them, as they were at a rock bottom price recently, but the only pair remaining was the display pair which were 1/2 size too large. Maybe not a deal-breaker, but the 'Mizuno Waves' at an identical price felt good also and have done the job. When and if I reach more middling paces I might have to re-examine the selection method. Meanwhile I'll save up for that VO2Max thingie. I was a spectator at this years Omaha, Ne. marathon Sept. 23, 2007 and witnessed this most excellant gentleman, one Julian Romero of Pasadena, Ca run BAREFOOT Shocked to finish 4th, and if memory serves in less than ideal weather with warm/humid conditions. Swift as an arrow as well!.... Try this at your own risk; as for me, frugality has its limits. www.runningbarefoot.org/ NO FN LN OVERALL DIVPL SEXPL TIME PACE 10K 20 M GUN TIME 67 Tony Clark 1 1/32 1/285 2:47:28 6:24 36:55 2:04:57 2 :47:28 39 Scott Beran 2 1/35 2/285 2:51:48 6:34 41:05 2:10:19 2:51:52 114 Robbie Fitzwater 3 1/3 3/285 2:58:22 6:49 41:51 2:05:54 2:59:27 339 ****Julian Romero 4 1/22 4/285 3:00:10 6:53 42:11 2:14:21 3:00:13 LG1 ....a penny saved, etc.

Master of Inconsistency

10 grueling MAF miles as I am fighting a sore throat & a cold AHR=134 Max=142 pace =12:19 RHR=56 it is usually around 50 Took an extra rest day yesterday but it didn't help. Jimmy, I am ordering take out Chinese in your honor Smile have fun and stay safe, Greg

Ain't  Wastin' Time No More !

newgeneration

Hi Greg, Pretty hardcore to run 10 with a cold. Hope you feel better soon!

Master of Inconsistency

newgen, Thanks for the well wishes if I weren't trying to come close to 40 this week I probably wouldn't have gone so long today. I'll hit the treadmill at work tomorrow so at least I'll be indoors . Thanks again,Greg

Ain't  Wastin' Time No More !

Treadmill reports...watched bowl games on ESPN both nights. 12/26- 3 miles, 10:00 pace, 131 avg HR 12/27- my best treadmill/decline run to date: Mile 1, 10:00 pace, 119 avg HR Mile 1.5, 10:00 pace, 125 avg HR Mile 2 (decline), 8:00 pace, 126 avg HR Mile 3 (decline), 7:48 pace, 133 avg HR Mile 4 (decline), 7:35 pace, 140 avg HR Mile 5 (decline), 7:30 pace, 143 avg HR Mile 6, 10:00 pace, 138 avg HR
                            newgeneration

treadmilled an easy 6: 10:43 avg, HR= 133. It has been a nice week to run easy volume, and I hope to keep stringing these weeks together to test the MAF principles on my running.
                              BeeRunB

back in Taipei no running, but walking 5-10 miles a day dumplings from heaven --Jimmy