Low HR Training

Maffetone method and losing weight (Read 1580 times)

TimButterfield

I'm okay with continuing MAF workouts.  I just wanted confirmation it's still the most efficient way for me to improve or determine if I needed to alter my workouts in some way.  Then, I will be set for the next 3-5 months.
    TimButterfield

Yeah!  I finally did it.  

I just finished a successful two mile MAF workout.  After a half mile warm up walk, I ran for one mile, and then did a cool down walk.  I only exceeded MAF by just a little bit (+3) at the end of the mile run as I was going up a small slope.  What I did:  I went low and slow.  I went barefoot, not even minimal, but bare feet and kept very slow (~4mph).  But, the main workout was all running.  Yeah!  I think the combination of very slow speed and no weight on my feet let me keep my HR down.  Now, I just need to keep repeating this workout and extend the middle as my feet adjust to it.

Beginner all over again

Yeah!  I finally did it.  

...............What I did:  I went low and slow. .............and kept very slow (~4mph).  But, the main workout was all running.  Yeah!  .

I'm impressed.  Very good!

Very Exciting.

Take it from someone who goes about 1 minute hitting MAF and needing to walk  ~wink~

That's very good news! I'm happy for you!

Yeah!  I finally did it.  

I just finished a successful two mile MAF workout.  After a half mile warm up walk, I ran for one mile, and then did a cool down walk.  I only exceeded MAF by just a little bit (+3) at the end of the mile run as I was going up a small slope.  What I did:  I went low and slow.  I went barefoot, not even minimal, but bare feet and kept very slow (~4mph).  But, the main workout was all running.  Yeah!  I think the combination of very slow speed and no weight on my feet let me keep my HR down.  Now, I just need to keep repeating this workout and extend the middle as my feet adjust to it.

sweet stuff! also, the most natural way for you...run at MAF and run barefoot Smile

(as for myself, no, I'm not exactly a barefoot advocator or whatever you call that but I love going around like that in the house even if not outside. I don't feel ready to do it outside plus I don't see many places here where I could do it outside.)

I'm impressed.  Very good!

Very Exciting.

Take it from someone who goes about 1 minute hitting MAF and needing to walk  ~wink~

That's very good news! I'm happy for you!

maybe that's just because you mentally are afraid of leaving the walk breaks? (sorry I might have misunderstood a post of yours in some other thread)

I don't mean anything bad with this idea and sorry to hijack thread Smile (shutting mouth now)