Low HR Training

Older Runner Coming Back from Injury (Read 449 times)

Consistently Slow

6 miles   recovery. HR 98 / 124.

Run until the trail runs out.

2013***1500 miles

50 miler

Race Less Train More

Ana Trason  "Living Her Life"

"The Marble in The Groove"

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Can I be Frank

Walk This Way...this way

I was thinking of you as I wrote that Tom! We'll have to pick a place for the three of us to meet up and "race" for who is the slowest... somewhere with firm mattresses and soft pillows so we won't hurt ourselves "moving" to quickly!!

btw: I'm about to head out for what will likely be my slowest half yet. A very hilly Decker Challenge on a cold and windy morning. This describes the course, http://www.halfmarathons.net/usa_half_marathons_texas_decker_challenge_half_marathon.html. I expect it will take 3 1/4 to 3 1/2 hours for me to finish. 

Bob,
      Why does the image of a rose between two thorns leap so readily to mind?   Cool
      Recruitment of my assistance in lowering the bar, is quite flattering.
      Let me assure you that you've selected wisely!
      In fact, Jimmy Hoffa, certainly no speedster, has easily beaten me "to the house."

Re Decker Challenge Half Marathon:
      Lead pipe cinch. Courses that brutal only assure my contention for "DFL"
      Seriously, enjoy! (not sure if that's the proper word?) Austin is one of the
      finest cities in the nation. Don't let a few hills interfere!

"I may have many faults, but being wrong ain't one of them."
      ..Jimmy Hoffa

Being unable to land a track and field scholarship was difficult to reconcile.
      Being rejected as a "walk on" was more mortifying, cementing my destiny.
      Sorry Jimmy.

ts

In it for the long run..

Am I a rose or a thorn?  Smile

3.25 miles today  ave. 133.  I blow my nose and HR shoots up to 140, but I'm pleased with how it went.  I didn't walk at all (well, I know in the Swamp the whole thing would be considered a walk) and am remembering how to do the very slow running.    What I say to people that claim "I can't run that slow.  There's no way."  is  "Could you do it if someone paid you?"  

"It's not who wins the workout..."

Am I a rose or a thorn?  Smile

3.25 miles today  ave. 133.  I blow my nose and HR shoots up to 140, but I'm pleased with how it went.  I didn't walk at all (well, I know in the Swamp the whole thing would be considered a walk) and am remembering how to do the very slow running.    What I say to people that claim "I can't run that slow.  There's no way."  is  "Could you do it if someone paid you?"  

I'm sure a rose Smile

money shouldn't be able to make you do everything... Roll eyes

no need to worry about the 140 HR just because you had to blow your nose. one problem with the low HR training is that somehow it makes many people overdo the worrying about their HR. go on, but you should relax and maybe even your HR will go lower from relaxing! Big grin