Low HR Training

im back to basics (Read 263 times)

Slow-smooth-fast

its kind or ironi that i need to be on the brink of injury to start with the maf training. i am actually happy to get back on the plan. weather forced me to do my first maf test on the treadmill, averaged 9:24 pace. it felt good to run truly aerobically. looking forward to being back and seeing improvement as i know this plan works. i will be running the biggest half marathon in the world, the great north run, so this is the start i need. i am hoping to smash 1:30. keep you all posted  

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009

jimmyb

port-a-bella-potty

Welcome back, Eddy. 

9:24 is a good start for aerobic speed. I imagine you need to get it down to about 8:00 to break 1:30. When I ran 1:34, I was about 8:30ish. Keep us posted on how you are doing. Hope your injury heals quickly. Smile

--Jimmy

Log    PRs