Martial Artist Runners

If you have not seen the movie"REDBELT" you should. (Read 336 times)

Redbelt is a Great Martial Arts Movie with a soul. http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809873029/info http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809873029/info The Critics: B 9 reviewsYahoo! Users: B- 919 ratings Start Rating Movies Now! Sign In or sign up In the west-side of Los Angeles fight world, a world inhabited by bouncers, cagefighters, cops and special forces types, Mike Terry is a Jiu-Jitsu teacher who has avoided the prize fighting circuit, choosing instead to pursue an honorable life by operating a self-defense studio with a samurai’s code. Terry and his wife Sondra struggle to keep the business running to make ends meet. An accident on... See Full Description Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama and Crime/Gangster Running Time: 1 hr. 39 min. Release Date: May 2nd, 2008 (limited) MPAA Rating: R for strong language. Distributors: Sony Pictures Classics U.S. Box Office: $2,344,847 See Full Details Cast and Credits
    What we do in life, echo's in eternity. Maximus.
      I recommend this movie too. It's deeper than most martial arts movie and there is definitely more plot than fight. The ending credit song is amazing.
        Agree 100%
        What we do in life, echo's in eternity. Maximus.

Chris

Agreed - Not only is the movie decent, it shows impressive dedication to the art it portrays.  The director is a JiuJitsu adherent, and it shows.

I recommend it highly!!

Gig

It cam from Blockbuster the other day. I'll probably watch it tonight. You didn't mention that it stars Tim Allen. So it's a comedy? (I live to pigeonhole people.)

Speaking of unexpected roles for actors, Ghost Dog: Way of the Samurai is an amazing movie.

I need to check out Ghostdog.  I think The RZA scored the soundtrack didn't he?

Redbelt isn't a comedy at all.

Gig

I'm not a huge fan of The RZA, but he did an excellent job on the soundtrack.

I knew it wasn't a comedy. Tim Allen is a good, solid actor. I'm sure he can do things other than comedy. But at some point, I know I'm going to be tempted to laugh.

Gig

No fighting from Tim Allen. That's probably a good thing. Great movie. Thanks for the suggestion.