Maine Runnah Group

Bag drop & showers -- Great Bay Half (Read 385 times)

an amazing likeness

For some crazy reason, as of right now, I'm going to see if I can coax 13 miles out of my messed up knee which hasn't seen the high side of 8 miles since February and run the Great Bay Half this Sunday. Does anyone know the bag drop / bag storage and shower situation. The web site notes showers at the high school, but doesn't have anything about bag storage. (Normally, I wouldn't need to plan for this, but I'm going from the race to a flight out of Boston and it would probably be a bit too much to expect my fellow travelers to deal with an unshowered me...)

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Bring some baby wipes and deodorant just in case - it's amazing how well they actually work.

Run to Win
      25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Just checked the website:
        ARE THERE SHOWERS AFTER THE RACE? There will be a limited number of shower stalls available after the race in the High School.

Run to Win

Andy -- If your crazy enough to follow through, maybe I'll see you there.....And, sorry, all I know is what stated on their website.

an amazing likeness

Thanks for the shower info pointers everyone, I had caught that on the web site, but couldn't find anything about bag store. We'll see what's there and adjust accordingly...
            Andy -- If your crazy enough to follow through, maybe I'll see you there.....And, sorry, all I know is what stated on their website.
            Given the amazing amount of miles you've been logging, the only thing I'll see of you is your back as you disappear into the distance way up there somewhere. Tongue You've got the miles laid down to support an ultra....I'm at just over 450 total for the year right now, about a month's worth of your workload.

Nice to see you for a few minutes at the starting line - sorry I didn't catch up with you after the race. I spent some time eating right when I got done and then did a cool down that finished right before they did the awards. Fun day.

Run to Win

Congrats Blaine for 3rd place finish... And, It was great having an opportunity to chat with Andy (milktruck) after the race.
                Teresadfp

One day at a time

Congratulations, Blaine! I was traveling back from Texas today, but the weather looked pretty nice when we got back.

an amazing likeness

We sure had a good day for a run through the woods in NH -- amazing weather considering the week leading into it...can't imagine what the Dame Rd section would have been like if it was raining heavy, or still snowing. Yikes. John -- thanks for keeping me company and chatting during the race, sorry I had to just stop at mile 12 for a walk break, but my knee was killing me. I am really in awe of the miles you lay down. Looks like you're #7 on list of mileage 'beasts' over in the "swamp". Wow! Blaine -- congratulations on leading the parade and bringing it home in 3rd, hope I didn't interrupt your prep at the start line with the introduction, just happened to see you and thought I'd introduce myself. Andy

Blaine -- congratulations on leading the parade and bringing it home in 3rd, hope I didn't interrupt your prep at the start line with the introduction, just happened to see you and thought I'd introduce myself.
                      Nope, I was pretty much ready to go and just waiting for them to get the show on the road. It was fun!

Run to Win