Maine Runnah Group

Free Running Shoes for folks in Maine on July 4th (Read 254 times)

As mentioned in the general forums, but repeated here to make sure the Mainers who want to run can take advantage of it (cut & pasted): If you live in Maine or will be vacationing up here around the Fourth of July (and I highly recommend it - Maine has great Summers even if they are short) then you should register for the LL Bean 10k now! http://news.runtowin.com/2008/03/26/free-running-shoes-ll-bean-10k.html The race is offering a free pair of running shoes to the first 400 who preregister before mid-May, along with a technical t-shirt for the first 700 registered. It's $17 (Plus the $3 active fee.) There's usually some good competition at the race, although it can get pretty hot some years. A friend of mine is one of the race organizers, so he gave me the heads up a little early about the free shoes. I figured that I'd share the wealth of knowledge, as it were. The shoes are Brooks 1062s, which retail for $120. So basically you get $100 off by registering for the race (assuming you are amongst the first 400.)

Run to Win
    25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Thanks - I will sign up for it, as soon as I get my new credit card number. Yesterday my wife requested new numbers due to the Hannaford thing.

Yeah, we got new cards too. I got an email from Steve over the weekend that they are already halfway through the free shoes.

Run to Win

They are filling up fast. I talked to my wife about the 4th of July race. Her response (not word for word but close): "you know, your parents 45th wedding anniversary is July 3." I did remember, but the thought of free stuff confused me for a bit. Maybe next year. Hope everyone has fun at the LL Bean race.

I talked to my wife about the 4th of July race. Her response (not word for word but close): "you know, your parents 45th wedding anniversary is July 3." I did remember, but the thought of free stuff confused me for a bit. Maybe next year.
            So...you are going to pay for your folks entry into the race for their anniversary? That's awful nice! Heheh.

Run to Win

Smile It might not be a bad of an idea though. Here is a picture of my parents, myself, and my son five years ago before the race for the cure in Bangor, Maine: ______________ edit: I read your race report - thanks for posting it. Hope you feel better.

edit: I read your race report - thanks for posting it. Hope you feel better.
                Thanks.

Run to Win

Teresadfp

One day at a time

OK, I signed Logan up for the race. Blaine, can you let your friend know I would like to help with the race? Thanks! Teresa

I'll shoot you his email address and you can send him a note directly.

Run to Win

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I'll shoot you his email address and you can send him a note directly.
                      Perfect!
                        Thanks for the heads up on the early registration to get the new treads! I've run this every year since I started running and absolutely love it. I had quite the mishap at this race last year being tripped at mile 2.5 (I was able to finish in 42:44) and had to get 8 stitches after I finished! Dead Hey Mainerunner2001, if your parents anniversary is the 3rd then you should be able to make the race on the 4th right?! Wink Kind how I had originally planned on running the Great Bay Half this Sunday after attending my wife's niece's wedding in CT on Saturday - I would have burned all the Brownie Points I had earned this year and then some so needless to say I won't be doing that either - priorities right! Wink