Masters Running

Thursday May 26 Stormy Runs and Workouts (Read 513 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning!

Erika – 75º is quite a change for you!

Wildchild – yay for your DD’s homecoming!

DD had a softball game last night about 25 min. away from our home.  The sun was shining when the game started, but severe storms were forecast.  45 minutes into the game the skies had clouded over ominously, and someone said there were tornado warnings, so the game was called.  As DD and I drove home, we headed directly into the storm.   An amazing lightning show began, and then rain, heavier than I have ever been out in, pummeled the car.  Then the really exciting part, golfball-sized hail, hitting the car with loud CRACKs.  DD began to wail as I creeped along at 10 mph, keeping my eyes glued on the white line and the taillights ahead of me, assuring her that we would be fine.  But I was thinking, if there was indeed a tornado, the last place I wanted us to be was in the car.  Finally we made it home safely, dashing into the house with relief.  Scary stuff.  The news this morning is full of video of the hail, some of the chunks the size of baseballs, but thankfully no one seems to have been badly hurt.

No run for me today: weighted squats, dead lifts, lunges, weighted duck squats, stability ball crunches, and 25 min. of P90X Shoulders and Arms.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Hi Holly! And hi to everyone else. I got nothing to report... other than that the 2 painkillers I took at 2am are still doing their job... guess it was too soon to switch to just extra-strength Tylenol...

So I'm just having my coffee and chillin' this morning. I go back to the plastic surgeon today for my post-op appointment this afternoon. The weather's supposed to be sunny and in the low 80s here today, so I think I'll just sit outside for a bit today and work on my vitamin D intake, maybe even read a book. Oh yeah, and also work on my second most-favorite activity after running: breathing. Smile

Hugs to all and have a great day!

Renee the dog

{{{all the RA Boomers having physical issues}}}  Sorry for the generic shout-out, but I'm not totally awake and don't want to miss anyone if I try to name all.

Woke up way too early this morning, so after Renee finally decided to get up, we went out for our little summertime 2 miler.  Ran into a woman from the north end of the island and we walked with her for about 1/2 mile too.

Downing a mexican coke (needed a caffeine hit badly) and planning on heading up to the boardwalk for another couple miles.

New year starts today 'round here.  Bring it on....

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Marathon Maniac #957

Downing a mexican coke

Is that where you add tequila?

Big grin

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Renee the dog

Is that where you add tequila?

Big grin

LMAO!  Ha, in my younger years, perhaps!

Got 2 more miles in for a grand total of 4 mi running, and .5 mi walking.  I look like an overachiever on my spreadsheet! (due to running so little)

MTA, I just scrolled back to see why you didn't answer my question Holly, and I didn't write it down in my earlier post!  Blush So here it is:

Any dents to your car?  Glad you made it home safe.

Dave59

Another typical March morning in Midland: 40's and rain.  I went to the gym and did some elliptical, some weights, and 3 treadmill miles.   Now back to the fort.  I will continue to try to hold it together until the weekend and then hope some people return from vacation or recover from their "illnesses" by next week.

I had to look-up mexican coke.  It sounds good but I don't see any places that carry it around me.

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Scary stuff Holly!   Years ago I drove to Minneapolis with my 2 young girls and we drove through weather very similar - something you never forget!!

Hi Nono!!   What is a mexican coke?   I like Holly's idea of adding tequila.  Wink

{{{OrangeMat}}} I like the idea of soaking up some vitamin D.

Another rainy morning, so no run ..... not to mention maybe one extra glass of wine that wasn't needed last night.   We went to dinner with another couple and then they came over and we all cuddled puppies.    Can't think if a better way to spend an evening right now.   I don't mind running in light rain, but downpours with chilly air, not happenin'!  Hopefully tomorrow it'll clear up so I can get in an easy run before Saturday's 10K.

Cheers!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

dg.

Holly that sounds awful!   so glad you made it home ok.  

Hi nono!   

Hi Esther!   breathing is a very good idea.      and it really is ok to rest. 

running around here trying to not forget anything,.   I'll take off around noon as I think I mentioned, and stay at a cabin tonight.  tomorrow to TC.   LR Saturday.      Then to Byll & Deb's.    Big grin

Renee the dog

Ah, Mexican coke is coca-cola imported from Mexico.  Where they still make it like it tasted when we were kids! Wink

I tell you wherever I travel you want to be elsewhere.  I just checked the weather back home in CT.  It looks great!  Of course, I am in Ann Arbor MI where it is lousy!  Rained most of yesterday.  It is cloudy and drizzly out now.  Another cold, cloudy day coming all day today and tomorrow.  I leave on a flight back home tomorrow morning.  So, next week when I am gone the weather here is supposed to be great!  My advice to all of you, avoid the south western part of CT until late June when I have to leave on another trip.

A dry day and happy running to all of you.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

dg.

this is starting to get funny.   Twocat, you are in Ann Arbor Right Now?    What are you doing here?    and how long will  you be here?  

Mary, I'd like to be cuddling with puppies.   good luck Saturday!

Ah, Mexican coke is coca-cola imported from Mexico.  Where they still make it like it tasted when we were kids! Wink

so, it still has Cocaine in it??

sorry,

poor ImpulseControl

======

............20min xbike.....to loosen hips

trailrun tomorrow...ohboyohboy

CLAIRE visit tonite.

Life is Good

............................................good running guys.....................Pass that UrineTest...

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Wednesday I could only squeeze in a 4 very easy miles - 35:01 (8:46) as I had to get to a 6:30 meeting.

Today I have 5 – 6 miles on the schedule but first I have to pick up my boat from where I stored it this winter, it has to be out by the weekend.  With the cool wet weather we’ve had this spring I haven’t bothered or even had time to get my dock in the water yet so I hadn’t picked the boat up.  Then I have to get my lawn mowed and I promised Joel I would cut a tree up for him that fell across the driveway to his camp.  And I haven’t touched anything else in our yard and of course we have 5 yards of bark mulch being delivered tomorrow…oh boy!

Well at least it’s bright and sunny for the second day in a row and the weekend is actually looking to be pretty nice as well. Cool

PS – Hey Twocat let me know if you are making any plans to head to Maine will ya?  Wink

Have a great day everyone.

dg.

maine... don't count on it!   Wink 

wonderful picture of your son & his family the other day.

Opie, belated congratulations for you DD being valedictorian.  that is so wonderful.

Mariposai

CLAIRE visit tonite.

Life is Good

............................................good running guys.....................Pass that UrineTest...

Great new! Maybe Claire will stop by here as well...Wink

Twocat, stay away from the PNW next weekend. I want sunny weather for my marathon.

OrangeMat, which book are you reading? I am eating away the Count of Monte Cristo, not a girly book but I am sure enjoying it.

Erika, what did you open last night? I had a glass of an Argentinian Melbec, rather smooth! This bottle would be very expensive, but Trader Joes had it very, very cheap last year.

Six miles with 4x2' at 7:53 pace this early morning in the rain. I got up early this morning with the sound of rain falling on my roof. I looked at the temp and it was around 43, but since I already was dressed for my run decided to jut go out in shorts and a long sleeve tech shirt. Wow was that a mistake. The rain drops were very cold, my little legs were red by the time I got back, but I know tramps would be be proud of me for wearing shorts!

Go dg gooooooooooo!!!!

Go Breger gooooooooo!!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard