Masters Running

Wed Apr 29 Runs and Workouts (Read 517 times)

xor

SRL... were you the patient?
    Yes. More specifically, I was the pokee. Is ok.

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

dg.

Yes. More specifically, I was the pokee. Is ok.
        I'm glad is ok.
          Rosie, that was great!! It also reminded me of my young son yelling from the bathroom, "MOM, HELP, I PEED IN MY EYE!"

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

xor

Heh. Some urinals have the fly. Some have a target. Many do not. And some urinal designs are way more prone to backsplash than others. We could have a whole thread on different urinals. Some are long. Some are short. Some have bowls of water. Some don't use water at all. It all culminates in the... wait for it... man trough. If you don't know about the man trough, you don't want to. And none of this.... none of it... is as weird or gross as the guy who decides to spit his gum (or olden times: cig butt) into the urinal. Yo, gum doesn't flush, dumbass. Or, God help us, the dude who throws a paper towel into the urinal. What is the logic of this move?

Marathon Maniac #957

Yes. More specifically, I was the pokee.
              Okay, I'm not going to touch that one.....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

dg.

ummm, enke, evidently there's a learning curve??? Rosie that is perfect. Everybody should have one. ... how did you come up with that? TW... you could have warned me! I still don't know where you were either but I hope it was worth it. Smile
                xor

Okay, I'm not going to touch that one.....
                  Just blood. No guts.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

I sort of miss the olden days when there would be Camels in the urinal to vaporize. Or as George Carlin (I think) said "To get rid of a filter cigarette, you need half a dozen guys and a keg of beer".

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

While doing my bicep curls, slightly pulled something in my forearm. No big deal, but I could actually see where the muscle was bulging a tad in the spot that felt pulled. Weird! Never seen that before. It wasn't like "OMG!!" Shocked, but a general, well, isn't that interesting (poke, poke). Hmm.
                      I had that once. Sounds like you actually popped some muscle fibers. When they break loose at one end, they contract up into a little ball, which is the bulge that you see. Nothing that you can do about it unless it's a really severe rupture -- those fibers are out of action for good!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

I think this is the most random daily I've ever read! Big grin Single, kid-less, and currently pet-less, I'm nonetheless a very happy camper. If I'm ever sad about my lot in life, however, I'll return to this thread to remind myself at least I don't have to deal with dirty clothes all over the floor, pee-wars, and cat poop everywhere! Big grin And now we're on to urinals and detailed descriptions of popped muscles and medical poking. Oy! LOL! Hey, how cool is this? I just logged a 5-mile run as "easy!" And it was wonderful. Perfect spring evening. Everything felt good. Ankle tenderness behaving. Life is good! Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Bravo! What a great daily......Erika, your comment about the "cow-eyed stare" is hysterical! I live alone and must clean up after myself and the two girls. It. Just. Doesn't. Happen. But I'm good with laundry. Except for the folding. And therefore, the putting it away. Which is fine because we don't have any chests-of-drawers....just two drawered side tables in the girls' room (enough room for socks and underwear, should they ever feel the urge to migrate) Heh heh. 8 x 1200 intervals tonight, 6:45-7:00 pace w/ 1/4 mile recovery lap. 4 1/2 miles WU/WD, 1/2 mile walk. Walt
                            yikes - this thread has certainly taken an interesting spin!!Shocked started spring track tonight: 2.75 mile warmup (a little long because a few of us were there early) dynamic stretching 600 meters at 5Kpace followed by 150 meter shuffle x 6 3 min rest repeated above - i ran the workout with 2 other women and we were able to hold a 1:30-1:34 pace for each of the 600 meter intervals .......when we finished the 12th one we all felt we couldn't have run one more!! .25 mile cooldown (should have gone longer but getting crunched for time) stretched feeling good!!Big grin

denise

Renee the dog

Just got in from 4 mi with my babysitter and Renee. Ahhhhhh! Smile

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Even though it's Thursday now, I am still catching up on Wednesday after a great run with Holly at 5:20 am and then a long work day and some airport sprinting. As reported, we ran 8.2 miles and the time flew by far too quickly. What Holly neglected to add is that we ended up the run on a hill---her Heartbreak Hill and about mid-day way up, she goes sprinting by me as light on her feet as could be. Thanks Holly and it was so great to see you! Anyway, time to decompress and get some ZZZZs. Quite an interesting thread today! ("Interesting" said as my grade school art teacher would say when assessing my art work with an arched eyebrow----why can't a 3rd grader create some abstract impressionism?)