Masters Running

Sat. 5 May (Read 160 times)

How did it happen that I'm first today?  jlynne, my thoughts continue to be with your family on the loss of your niece.  hopeful, I'm glad to hear Brinkley is well again.  Slo, congrats to your daughter and her 4X800 team.  Derrick, I'm sorry to hear about Shade.  tet, I loved your old age post. 

Nice long runs for Twocat and lame.

This morning, it was in the mid 40s with some wind.  I got in 8 miles in a little over 1:23 for a 10:24 pace, negative splits by 3:13, and progressively faster miles from the second mile on.  This sounds good, but it was very similar to my meltdown run a couple weeks ago.  I'm thinking something may be wrong and that I should talk to a doctor.  From the start, I felt I should take it easy and planned on no faster than an 11 min. pace.  Even though the run felt hard from the start, my pace kept getting faster.  At about each mile, I would check, find out I'd speeded up, tell myself to slow down, feel I'd done so, and then check the next mile and find it was faster yet.  At 7.25 miles, I took a short walk break which I almost never do.  So, even though part of me says to accept tet's outlook, part of me says to check it out.  Enough whining.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Marathon Maniac #957

Hi Tom!  It appears that we have three dailies today - we are just BURSTING with daily threads! 

A trip to Home Depot and then 3 hours of planting flowers, then potatoes, white onions, and sugar snap peas.  Next week a client is bringing me some heirloom tomatoes and I will plant those then.

2 lazy miles, before the gardening urge took over.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

So...Tom...am I reading this correctly?  You think something might be wrong becasue you're running faster than you think you are?  I must be missing something but if you're worried about how you're feeling--don't wait to go get checked out.