Masters Running

Looking to join your group (Read 458 times)

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

Hi Janet, I'm one of those who would like to post more but doesn't as life gets in the way with a full time and a half work schedule and 3 kids as well, and besides.. I'm a terrible typist so that too eats into my "running related free time"!!! This is a very fun and supportive community that gives daily motivation to keep the running thing going ,way beyond what you may be able to imagine now..I can vouch for that!!! Francesca
      But I figure if I can manage to get outside in single degree weather this past winter and hopscotch the sidewalks looking for a spot to plant my feet that is not covered in ice, I must be nuts, and will therefore hopefully fit right in.
      Hi Janet! Glad to see another "hopscotcher" here. This was the first winter that I ran through (in MI) and it's funny how you can grow to love an open patch of cement, isn't it!? Welcome!!

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Welcome Janet!! I didn't start running until I was 45 (3 years ago) and this forum is one of the main things that kept me going!! Be sure to post often and dont' be scared - you'll get to know us as we get to know you.

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
        It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

GreenMan

.... But I figure if I can manage to get outside in single degree weather this past winter and hopscotch the sidewalks looking for a spot to plant my feet that is not covered in ice, I must be nuts, and will therefore hopefully fit right in. ....
          Big grin, sounds like you're already one of us. Glad to have you join us. post often, jjj
          Iron Mt. Trail Runners blogsite .... JJJessee blogsite ....Spring is here. Go outside and play.
            Welcome HandyMom. You'll fit in fine here. Post often. TomS
            wildchild

Carolyn

I'll add another warm welcome, Janet. I feel like I've made so many good friends on this site, and I've never met any of them in person yet. And I've learned a ton about running, as I'm a relative newbie too. I've been running for about 3 years, and I'm running my first half marathon on Saturday (gulp!) Without the encouragement and advice and inspiration from the RA boomers, I doubt I'd be this far along.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Wow, everyone thanks for the warm welcome. I figured out how to make my profile and running log public. It took awhile to get the time for this year recorded, but it should be close. I didn't enter last year as most of it is a little odd with C25K and OHR. As you can see I live in Iowa and have 2 kids and love cats. I guess I should be in good company with Leslie. hermosaboy, I saw your RR for Dam to Dam 20K. That is the race that I ran in as well, however for me, it was the 5K. Next year, maybe. Well, I ran 4 miles this evening and am watching the storm clouds roll in. I have a 5AM flight to Washington DC with my DD. We'll visiting the area for 4 days with her 7th grade class. Sooo...though I'm excited to get to know everyone, I'll be out of touch for a few... I have so much to learn and several questions about running...all in good time! Janet
                SteveP

Welcome Handy Mom. I'm Steve. People call me Steve. I've been from less that 20 MPW to over 60 MPW. A mile is a mile.

SteveP

welcome! post often.
                    Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Marathon Maniac #3309

Welcome Janet...this is a great forum with the most wonderful people you could ever meet.. there are NO slow runners here, so that needs to be the last time you state that...or you get a fine Big grin OK, you being the new person, you are responsible to make the first pot of coffee here in the mornings, till the next new member joins Big grin. And watch out for this guy named Ribs, We keep ignoring him, but he just keeps coming back...just kidding of course Smile But to show this is a great group that cuts up a lot, but also shares anything and everything and are concerned about each other very much...even talk about running sometimes too Smile Visit and post often... so we can wait to get to know you better...and post on the daily thread, it's the best way to get to know everyone. Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Top 'O the World!

Welcome Janet! Great to have you here! I'm originally from NW Iowa Wink, currently living in CO...& just started running a year ago w/my 1st 5K just this last Fall.....(were we separated @ birth? Big grin ) .....I wander all over these boards when I can....awesome people in here!!! Have saved me loads of speed bumps on the road to learning this running thing!!! No question is forbidden or "stoopid" Wink Post often! Cindy
                        Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

King of PhotoShop

Welcome Janet. I missed welcoming you yesterday as I was in DC just as you were planning to arrive. Don't listen to that guy Craneium either! Spareribs
                          coastwalker

I must be nuts, and will therefore hopefully fit right in.
                            Perfect! Yes, you will absolutely fit right in! There are all kinds of runners (and even a few walkers...) here, and everybody is incredibly supportive of everybody else, regardless of how long they've run, how far they run, or how fast they run. I've never been to Iowa, but I did a report on the state a few years ago when I was in elementary school... Have a good trip to DC (are you looking for a job as VP?), and we'll look forward to hearing from you when you get back. Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Welcome and congratulations on completing your first two races. There is no point in worrying about being fast or slow. Other than a very few posters here must of us, myself included, are relatively slow. No trophies, no prize money, no picture in the paper. Just out racing for fun. Good enough. Hope you continue to hang around and post.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Glad to have you here, Janet. This is a great place to discuss running and a healthy life-style. I like that we can have varying opinions and express them freely, too. Makes the place lively and interesting! Have fun in DC! We're just a few hours southeast... and, uh, please forgive our temperatures... we get sort of hot and humid here...very unlike Iowa. I wish you and the kids were visiting two weeks ago!
                                LaVita