Masters Running

Happy Multiple Birthdays to Mariposai and wildchild! (Read 23 times)

Happy birthday to both Mariposai and wildchild!  To Mariposai I wish the delivery of many more buckets of cherries!  To wildchild I wish the delivery of an oxygen tank!  I hope you both have a wonderful year ahead and many more to follow!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Fletch

Happy Birthday, Mari & WC!

evanflein

So are Mariposai and Wildchild getting multiple birthdays each? Nice trick if you can do it! Happy birthday, ladies, and I hope you each get to do something really fun just for you!

Marathon Maniac #957

Yay - two of my favorite sistahs - CELEBRATE!  In whatever way gives you joy....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Happy Bastille Day Birthday super-trail goddesses.

I'm almost afraid to ask but what mountain race

is on your upcoming racing calendars

for this year's birthday challenge?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

wildchild

Carolyn

Thank you, everyone!   I had a really nice 7 mile trail run this morning, on my favorite trail in Golden Gate Canyon State Park (where I take everyone who comes to visit!)   I wore new running shoes (trying a pair of Patagonia Evermores) and new shorts and a new sports bra.  My birthday gifts to myself. 

Then DH and I had a busy afternoon of shopping - we went to the Asian market down in Denver, so he can cook me a delicious Thai dinner, and we went to the regular grocery store, and Walmart (he really knows how to show a girl a good time on her birthday!) where he got me new tires for my mountain bike.

Posie, I hope you're having a fun birthday, too!  I hope we can find another birthday marathon to run together next summer!

ETA:  Tet, Mariposai and I have already run a marathon together this year!  (Avenue of the Giants)

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Tramps

Happy birthdays!

Be safe. Be kind.

Mariposai

Thank you guys for this birthday thread and the birthday wishes. You guys sure know how to make someone feel special.

I ran 14 miles today as a way to give thanks for the many happy memories I was able to collect last year. The many smile miles and great races. My dear son drove me to the mountain so I could run up there. This was a new trail for me, very remote and just gorgeous.

This afternoon I was treated like a royal queen as my son drove me to Lake Chelan for some fine wine tasting and shushi dinner afterwards. A fun day, indeed.

Birthday sister, I am glad you had a delicious Thai dinner for your birthday. Do you mountain bike? I was passed by several of them during my run today and I was just in awe that people could bike in those terrain. Ohhh, yes, we must find another marathon to run together next year, with your DD studying in Seattle arranging a meetup should be easy.

Happy birthday dear birthday sister!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

This picture looks even better here than on FB!!  Happy Birthday beautiful ladies!!

denise

....Happy B'Day guys//......and Good Running to Ya.......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Ugh!  Totally late for the birthday party but wanted to give my best wishes to these two women who are beautiful on the inside as well as the outside. Hope you had outstanding days, ladies.  Happy belated birthday!