Masters Running

Monday - last day of 2007 (Read 745 times)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

8" of snow overnight in Maine, and it's still snowing! I'm supposed to run 3.5 miles today, but the streets aren't plowed decently yet. I'm going to wait until this afternoon and then run. Period!! Good grief, I love snow, but this is getting ridiculous. More predicted for tomorrow and Wendesday. Teresa

Me

Good grief, I was wondering what was wrong with my calf. Wink Cheers Mike
        Anyone else need calf healing? Glasses on now....it's all good! Confused CNY
        Mariposai

I dislike having to end this year with a no running in my record, but the LR from Saturday plus the magical 2 hours cross country skiing DH and I did yesterday turned my legs into noodles. So...today is a going to be a rest day for me. Vista, I am so happy for your 1,000+ miles this year. WTG my friend. fbgrrl- congrats on your 3.2 miles. You are a runner!!!!! I am looking forward to reading your postings. All of us have been there in the beggining. Keep it up and be proud of yourself. PBJ is back, PBJ is back!!!! Tim BE PATIENT Dark Horse, I am glad to hear you are going to see the Dr. about your knee. I have been waiting to see that posting from you for a while now. Buena suerte mi amigo. Craneim- glad to see you are ready to resume school. Those kids are lucky to have a teacher like you. Mary- enjoy the garmin. My garmin changed my running life. Soundie...Eugene hehhe?? hummmm. Happy New Year to all. Thanks for spicing my running life with dusts of joy and inspirition in this past year. You guys are one cool bunch. Cool

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Easy 10K with T this morning...8 ish pace...
            Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
              Good Morning Boomers!! I'm officially a member of the 50's group now! Y day for me today. Eliptical, abs, arms. Can someone please tell me how I can put a picture on my name like you guys do? Happy New Year!!
              Happy birthday pegruns! To get your picture up, click on 'Options' in the upper right corner of your screen. The click on the 'Forum Preferences' link. There you can add a signature (mine is a quote courtesy of Eddie Izzard - Action Transvestite), your picture (what I would look like as a character from the Simpsons), and a self anointed title (don't have one yet). To everyone else - thanks for the kind words. It helps keep me motivated! No running today as I'm finishing up the final preparations for a New Year's Eve party. I've got a lot of cooking to do, some cleaning, and making of beds so partiers don't have to drive home under the influence (or on the road with other impaired drivers). If I can sneak a quick run in today, I will, but it's not in the plan. Stay safe, everyone. Remember that you might be sober, but the idiot in the other car may not be! Happy New Year!
              Have you got a flag?
                This is the first day I've seen sunshine in about two weeks, and as luck would have it, a rest day for me! We are all excited here that there is no rain in the forcast for TWO WHOLE DAYS!! A reason to celebrate. Now that spring is just around the corner, I checked the spot in the ground where the daffodils come up, and sure enough, their little green sprouts are poking through already. Will try some arm work with my new weights today. Maybe some crunches, preferably not of the food variety. Sunny runs to you all! Cool

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Marathon Maniac #957

Now that spring is just around the corner, I checked the spot in the ground where the daffodils come up, and sure enough, their little green sprouts are poking through already.
                  {{{wishfully dreaming of spring...}}} Old Guy – nice PRs! Pegrun – Happy Birthday! Biketm – somehow I thought your name was Mike, too. Have no idea where that came from. I finally made up my mind to buy a print of a race photo from my October HM (proof is in profile), one of the only running shots I've ever taken where I didn't have my mouth open like a fish. Big grin Thankfully they still hold onto those for those of us who take forever to make up our minds. Hey, check this out...WRFB is putting on a race series: http://www.locorunning.com/race-series.php

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

NO running Bad head cold. Amazing weekend with my new lady though...aggh... Seperated tonight though since we had prior committments before we met that we are holding too. I am going to my cousins wedding tonight, where I will be his best man and I have to sing a song (ouch). I just wanted to wish everyone a "HAPPY NEW YEAR" Aim high guys and kiss all those you love... Your buddy Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

I had been getting ready to feel sorry for myself about running here in CT on Thursday with the high predicted to be 21. But then you read nearly any post by evanflein and wherever you are is down right balmy! I have no idea what you wear in -4F weather! Last night the snow line was a few miles north of here so unlike those just north of me like CNYrunner, Craneium, hopeful4ever, and Teresadfp the roads were totally clear. Other than a bit of wind today was about as good a winter running day as you could hope for around here. I finished up 2007 with 15.16mi@8:51. Not a bad way to end the running year. I have had a great time running and racing all year. If 2008 is as good I will be a happy man once again. Maybe not as happy as Tall appears to be these days! Evil grin But happy nonetheless. Best wishes to everybody in the New Year. May your upcoming year bring you everything you are hoping for.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

NO running Bad head cold. Amazing weekend with my new lady though...aggh... Seperated tonight though since we had prior committments before we met that we are holding too. I am going to my cousins wedding tonight, where I will be his best man and I have to sing a song (ouch). I just wanted to wish everyone a "HAPPY NEW YEAR" Aim high guys and kiss all those you love... Your buddy Tall
                        Tall, you are an amazing guy. Good luck on the performance. What a treat for your cousin. 20 on the E, then 1650 in the pool. Best wishes to everyone for a happy and successful 2008.
                        evanflein

I have no idea what you wear in -4F weather!
                          Something like this.... Someone said spring is just around the corner? Please, I'm so ready! This was the end of my "long run" yesterday... the planned "14-15" where I bailed at 12.1 (right at my parents' house, DH rescued me per distress call at mile 11). Whenever I make that call, I seem to get a second wind and almost think I could go on... but I was having cold-cramps in my right hamstring and left quad, and I was having problems seeing clearly... started late so no reflective wear/headlight and I was losing daylight fast. So, it's all good. Wanted to hop on the TM for a couple miles to increase total, but we had to go to the home improvement store to order our cabinets... last day to get 10% off! I'm going to try to run today a bit, downstairs on the new mill, just cuz I'd like a wee bit more miles for December/2007. But I'm already over 1900, a huge PR for me anyway. Happy Birthday, pegruns! You've got great company....my niece turns 6 today! Hi Tim, be good to yourself. You've got lots of night running ahead and it'll be there waiting for you. Hi Holly! I'm off till Wednesday, then it's just half days for me thru Friday. Kids off till Tuesday the 8th!
                            evanflein, you are really scaring me, I think you should invest in some ski googles. I used to ride my bike into work in the snowy Ontario winters and had to wear them, as silly as it looked.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Mariposai

Erika, it is time for you to hop in into the "TM fun wagon". After all, your new TM is waiting for a grand debut. Happy New Year to my friend Peter and the boys as well.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Manchild

Good afternoon! Tall, what Mark said.. Erika, amazing and 1900! I can only dream. 5 miles for me at 2:00pm. It was 45 degrees and sunny, perfect running weather. Puts me at just about 100 for the month. Happy New Year! Chris