Masters Running

Monday morning celebratory runs (Read 426 times)

mrrun

Happy birthday Henrun!

No run yet - need some coffee to wake up and Jay doesn't need to start the daily!

marj

Congrats Henrun, it's my bday as well.

Working OT this week, 12 hrs planning on 5k worth after work, as well as getting car tabs and working on bath room.  We found out that  shower faucets are 8 inch normally ours is 11 inch, which means we can change the centers to 8 inch or we can keep 11 inch choose between the 3 color faucets for 11 inch, which are chrome, chrome and chrome.  We have decided to retile only the shower only where the existing holes for the old shower are.  It is difficult to remove this old tile becuse of the way it is attached to the concrete board.  I can only take off 2-3 tiles a day, chiseling the tiles hurts my hands so bad.

DIL is still in hospital she believes the Dr. will let her out today.

I got 10k in Saturday longest run of year, maybe 8 miles this week.

Be Good All.

Question if I can get 8 mile plus run this weekend do you think I could run 1/2 in mid May?  I did feel pretty good after Saturday run of 6.2. I know I will have to run slower than normal, which is sloow any ways.

Henrun

Happy birthday, Derrick!

Marathon Maniac #957

Question if I can get 8 mile plus run this weekend do you think I could run 1/2 in mid May?  I did feel pretty good after Saturday run of 6.2. I know I will have to run slower than normal, which is sloow any ways.

Yes, I think you can do it.  Do you mean 5 weeks from now, or 6?  You could increase your LRs each week like this: 8,10,12, 14, 10, race ....or if there is not that much time you could go 8, 10, 13, 10, race....or some such variation - you have run enough to know what will work for you.

No run for me today, no workout even.  Lazy bones, I puttered around the house doing laundry and packing lunches and playing on the internet and such.....sigh....I have to get better motivated on Monday mornings....

Happy Birthday Derrick and Henry!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Henrun

Even though my quads are still screaming from Saturday's hilly half I will attempt to run (in keeping with my tradition) 78 miles  minutes  seconds  7.8 variations this afternoon

Good Morning,   Just finished my coffee & breakfast pizza (leftover from yesterday) sooo good  

Happy birthday Derrick & Henry 

Leslie   ouch!  Good luck with that finger. 

Bill congrats on your 1st tri...   

tw a goose came after DW & I yesterday as we were running past a pond. Maybe it had eggs in the high grass between the trail & the pond?  Anyway it was usually aggressive Confused    

I had a brother die yesterday after several months of very fast progressing Alzheimers that caused a variety of related problems.

He was 18 years my senior but we were pretty close. Services will be in Columbia SC on Wednesday so I need to make my plans. His wife & kids are at peace because the last 2 months have been really difficult.     

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

coastwalker

Happy Birthdays, Henrun and Derrick!!! I hope you both have great celebrations today, and that you get to enjoy some delicious cake.

Marj, thanks for letting me off the hook this morning. Smile  As it is, I was Tag-tired when I woke up at 4 this morning, and a little achy from workouts and yard work over the weekend, so I stayed in and did some reading instead of heading out for a workout.

Enjoy your day!  -  Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY HENRY AND DERRICK!!    Smile

I just saw the pic of me with MY Henry and Marj -- lol, that's how I described them to my friends!! Big grin   That really was the best part of the race!!

So sorry I didnt stick around near the finish to hear the announcer call you both in for your anniversary - soooo cool!!  Loved meeting your daughter too -- I just felt so lousy at the end I need to get some fluids and my warm jacket on. My quads are still crying today too -- I almost think I might want to do this one more time again hopefully without a serious head cold!!

Marj - congratulations on winning your age group!! 

Erika - that was some serious running yesterday!

Posai, Ribs, Erika -- sooooo excited hearing you are all starting to pack for Boston - I cant wait to see you all again!!

MD - I definitely think you could run a 1/2 by mid-May

Sarge - so sorry for you loss

no run yet either -- still feeling under the weather, but will either do some easy running or get out on my bike for a little ride after church.

Happy Monday friends!!

denise

Happy Birthday Monday to Henry and Derrick! Hope the day is grand and just as you wish!

Oh Sarge, I am so very sorry. This struck a chord as we are dealing with a very aggressive case of Alzheimers with my MIL. It was diagnosed last year and has been blindingly rapid in its progress. I haven't talked about it here until now and I think it's been because we all feel so powerless. In fact Mr. CNYrunner will head Upstate this week as he as his sisters continue a relay of care and support. My heartfelt sympathies to you and I am glad your brother and his family can be at peace now.

I'll run later this afternoon with Hudson---just easy for 30 minutes and then the kiddo has a track meet. Love those and I cheer my head off!

All the work travel is local this week and then I'll be on a plane right after that little run in Boston on Monday---not heading to Pittsburgh though (!) This has been the deal for the past few Boston Marathons---at least not all the way to CA this time. Pack compression socks Maraposai, or better yet, wear them on the plane. 

Jlynne

Happy birthday Henry and Derrick! Hopefully this will be a perfect day with a cake and candles.

(((Sarge))) So sorry to hear about your brother's death.

In my efforts to burn off the BIG piece of key lime pie I had for dessert yesterday, I got up at 4:30 and ran 4.76 miles at a 9:06 pace. It's almost getting light by the time I finish and I have to say, I'm not going to miss running in the dark for the next few months.

I'm planning on making some split pea soup with the left over ham bone from yesterday's dinner. The problem is I'm the only one who likes it. Anyone else like pea soup?  Smile

Yes, I think you can do it.  Do you mean 5 weeks from now, or 6?  You could increase your LRs each week like this: 8,10,12, 14, 10, race ....or if there is not that much time you could go 8, 10, 13, 10, race....or some such variation - you have run enough to know what will work for you

The race is May 19, The qualifier, a new race in mid Michigan which ends in Bay City.  I need to get some mileage in I guess.

My condolences Sarge.  Alzheimers is a sad and dignity-stealing disease.  Know that he is at peace now and I'm happy to hear his wife and kids are also.

Happy Anniversary Henry and Marge!  I seem to recall we share an anniversary date (3/7), right?  28 years for DW and I.

I'm so happy for the Boston runners.  Such a joyous day and race.  Most especially happy for Nancy!  There is nothing better than that 1st one.  I suspect Ribs will be running Boston with his BIL Joe in mind.  Know that he will be happy that you're running it.  Robin is running for her Melonoma Charity.  I donated to her cause with my Best Friend's daughter in mind, who at 23, was just diagnosed with Melanoma.

Thanks for all the kind words about my little Tri, as pedestrian as it was.  You are all okay, you know?  I ran 6 nice and easy, low HR miles this morning and all systems are in good shape.  Nothing hurts or is even tired.  So I properly "trained through" it.

In other news, my Holiday singing went well.  My solos on Good Friday brought more than a few Tears so apparently I did the piece justice.  My voice was shot after all the singing I did on Easter morning.  But everything went well.  Happy.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Mike E

MM #5615

Good morning!

Happy birthday to Henry and Derrick!  Let's see...do I have a grandkid with a birthday, today?  Nope...whew!

Yes, Derrick, Holly laid out a nice little plan for you--you can definately be ready for a half by May 19th.

So instead of going for a run, this morning, Holly spent her time digging up all the Boston runner's numbers for us--thank you.  I can't believe how much fun I had, last year, following everybody.  I didn't even know 3/4 of the people...well, technically, I guess I really didn't know any of them but--well, anyway, I had fun and I can't wait for next Monday!

Sarge--very sorry to hear about your brother.  It's had to have been a tough couple of months for you. 

Hey, Jay--well, it's about time you got yourself moving, today! 

I hope you feel better soon, Deez!

Have fun at the kiddo's track meet, Karin!  I'm a pretty quiet guy.  (seriously, I am)  Everytime I go to a track meet, I sit there, nice and quiet.  While Ryan is warming up, I tell myself to just sit and relax.  "Do not make a fool of yourself...again," I keep telling myself.  When he goes to the line, I get up and start walking down the bleachers to get closer to the track.  Before he's done with his first lap, I'm hanging over the fence yelling like a crazy man, making a fool out of myself...again.  Have fun Karin!

Nice calorie burning run, this morning, Jlynne.  I haven't had a piece of pie in many years.  Yesterday, though, we had pecan pie--because Eric told DW to get it because, "it's Dad's favorite".  How could I not have a piece?

Bhyll--you're going to have to send us a video of one of your solos.  If I ever sang alone, I'd find myself solo, real quick!

Okay--I'd better get to doing something. 

[[[[[ sarge ]]]]]

..........Happy B'Day to the BirthDayBoys//////

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....