Masters Running

Woo Hoo! It's the Boston Marathon Thread! (Read 58 times)

Those are all great questions, tet!  I would love to hear all the answers. I am celebrating with all of you guys, so proud of everyone.  Does anyone know how Marj is doing since we are not tracking her.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Mike E

MM #5615

No.  Nobody knows that she is quickly approaching 35k.

And, since we're not tracking her, we'll never know that she went through that 35k mark in 4:45:28.  Can I just say, right now, that Marj is my hero...I just wish I knew how she is doing.

Mike E

MM #5615

In all seriousness...I really do wish I knew how Marj is doing.  I'm just sitting here wondering if she's suffering out there, or just enjoying the whole experience.  There must be tons of people cheering her on--I just hope she's taking it all in and having a good time.

Mike E

MM #5615

Yes!  Marj is picking up her pace!  I mean...I sure hope Marj is picking up her pace for this last 2K...

GO MARJ GO!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Mike E

MM #5615

5:48:25!  Way to go Marj!

I have a confession to make...dg was tracking you.

mrrun

if DG was able to track me, how come we can't get a picture of her???  I speeded up at the end because I finished with a friend & we sprinted the last couple of blocks.  Tet - too many questions for my mush brain tonite.  this is my 5th & final.  i'm happy i did it tho i had quesy stomach for much of the run

Here's a pic from mile 22

evanflein

Awesome job, Marj! That looks to be about where you ran with me for a bit a few years back?

Glad everyone is in, safe and sound. Rest up and enjoy! You did it!

Marathon Maniac #957

Awesome job, everyone!  I wasn't able to check in at work, but it is so inspiring to read the play by play here - WELL DONE ALL!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

Thank you, Mike, and everyone who contributed to this perfectly wonderful thread!

Congratulations to all you Boston Marathoners! You folks are the best athletes in the world!

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

Mike E

MM #5615

That is a great picture, Marj.  Congratulations!  And congratulations to all of you--you did great!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

This is my 5th & final.

i'm happy i did it 

So are we.

What a fantastic run, and picture too.

I bet there's not too many, even elites,

who feel anywhere near as happy about their last Bostons. 

Here's a pic from mile 22

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

..thanks mike//......this was a Great Thread...

.......and Congratulations to marj, even tho' we didn't  know what you did......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

dg.

Mike!!

;-p

Marj you were absolutely right & if you read the thread carefully you'll see I was falsely accused.

okok I did have you as one of 'my runners'... how could I not.   but I didn't really look.   scout's honor.   I'd already thought about what you mentioned, & it was only fair to respect your wishes..

that being said it was great to read what we didn't know as time went on...

and what a great picture, it's priceless.

Tet I loved your post  / questions too.

nice see everybody  :  )

huge congrats to all of you RA Boston Marathoners!!   you rock.

This thread was great even reading it the day after!! Love the pic of Marj and Henry!!

denise