Masters Running

Wednesday, 9/3 daily (Read 21 times)

Mariposai

Good Wednesday dear running friends.

A quick post to get the party started and to say that once again I had to head out for a run in the dark this morning. Where did summer go?

8 miles, 5 with my RP, 3 alone to fit in a tempo run. I am getting slower by the day, folks .

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

BTY

Good afternoon Mariposai.  Just remember that you are one of my heroes on this board, and we're all in this slowing down thing together.  As I determined a couple of years ago, my goal is not to get any faster but to slow down the slowing down.

4.5 miles today in MUCH better running conditions than yesterday.  The three in the middle were at better than 8:00 pace, and for the last mile of that portion I had a running partner who confirmed for me that while I could talk, I couldn't carry on a conversation without chopping it up, so I was at what I will call Steady State pace, too fast for Easy Running.  Interestingly though, my HR was at 165 at the end, which is where it usually is at the end of an easy run.  Go figure.

Marathon Maniac #957

Good afternoon Mariposai.  Just remember that you are one of my heroes on this board, and we're all in this slowing down thing together.  As I determined a couple of years ago, my goal is not to get any faster but to slow down the slowing down.

+1  

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."