Masters Running

Thursday's Daily, 11.7.13 (Read 42 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone!

MS, you do the darnedest things to yourself! I hope you heal well and quickly.

Lamerunner, yes, I'm 'involved' with this weekend's Seacoast Half. Even though our races are different in a few respects, it would be interesting to sit over a cup 'a coffee (or a drink!) and compare notes sometime.

6.2 racewalking miles at 4:05 this morning. The weather is going the wrong way: It was 27 two days ago, 41 yesterday, and 51 today. There was also a 10-mph breeze from the SW, and the roads were slightly slick with moisture from the rain system that is heading this way. Nice dark and light clouds were dancing across the sky this morning. It was nice to be out in shorts, even for a brief interlude.

Have a greta Thursday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Tramps

Same weather here, Jay.

MS--hope you get some relief soon.  I feel a little guilty that I laughed at your description of this and your previous injury.  Wow.

It's about 30 degrees warmer (and humid) this morning than it was on Monday.  You never know this time of year.

EZ 5

Be safe. Be kind.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Painful to be up at 4:30 to catch an early flight and then find outJay is aalready half done. Roll eyes  in BWI waiting to head to boston and then the office.  Joy.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Good Morning all!

MS---Yikes! So sorry about the GM pain....glad it's been identified though so you can get better. And I think it's often the embarrassing stuff that injures us most (like when I slipped on a gel packet in a marathon and cracked my jaw....or badly sprained my ankle falling off a curb while watching the Boston Marathon in 1986)  Heal up now!

Ran 4 miles with Hudson and made it inside just before the rain picked up. Balmy here as well at 57. I am heading to Colorado later this afternoon for work. It's a quick trip though and not enough time to see anyone like wildchild et al :-( One of these times I need to schedule in more time for some trail running and down time. It's nose to the grindstone season.

Good morning good people.  Enjoy those balmy temps, folks. If our weather heads your way, you might be dressing a little differently. 28° at 5:00 AM when I left the house. Long pants, gloves and even a hat this morning. At least there wasn't any wind. I actually prefer these temps to the warm and humid. It takes a little longer to get these old body parts moving, but if you're dressed right, it's quite nice out there. Even saw a bunch of people out walking their dogs in the dark. 6 miles, 9:45 pace.

Sounds like a long day Kevin. I see coffee in your future.

Have a safe trip Karin.

My DS #1 and DIL are running the Madison marathon this weekend. Would like to go and cheer them on but I'm watching "the boys."  Not sure I could handle a 3 and 4 year-old and the baby who just turned 9 months. Think it's best to stay home where their roaming space is more confined Big grin

Enjoy the day everyone.

lamerunner

Good morning.  {{{{ Mustang Sally}}}}.  At least you have a good story. My DD fell off a mountain bike in San Francisco a couple of years ago and hurt her shoulder pretty badly by falling on her elbow, while trying to do a wheelie... If there was a sports bra involved, that was not disclosed.  It still gives her some trouble if she tries to  climb hard.  of course, her idea of "easy" is about 5.10...

Jay I would love to compare notes some time. I think one of my ski team friends is also invovled in that race ( Bruce Hurley)... we are having a "post-mortem" meeting tonight, which may include "refreshments."

Karin, have a safe trip. Say hi to CC..  I am envious.

I ran 8 miles this morning, low 50s and breezy-- back in shorts again...

Happy Thursday!

King of PhotoShop

So glad you got a diagnosis MS. That's the real first step.  Now you can focus on how to heal it. Good luck.

5 miles at easy pace in the park with RP. Gorgeous day here!  Spareribs

''And I'm going to be straight with you, my friends.  I did it by <drum-roll> getting off my bike on the right side instead of the left for the first time in my life, and swinging the wrong leg over the bike.  This is now officially the stupidest sports injury since I wrecked my shoulder trying to get my elbow out of a face-pin caused by a half-removed sports bra.  In traffic.''

MustangSally

.........ditto for me.....

,,,er,,,,,,,,,,except for the SportsBra part

==========

..........double wgt sessions

with 200-steps xbike standing

...........................good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Marathon Maniac #957

Fly by from work....

MS - were you the driver or the passenger?

Jlynne - I agree with you, best for your sanity not to try to fight those crowds with 3 small ones.

5 easy-paced miles for me this morning.  Nothing really hurts anymore, which is very nice, but I still feel the leg-fatigue, so I will take it easy for a couple weeks.

No more marathons on the calender for this year, though.  Trying to figure out what to run next year.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

C-R

6.5 miles today in glorious sunshine and mild temps (40s). That was a joyful lunch run to get ready to play some old man soccer tonight as indoor season starts. Hah.

Safe trip Karin and hope you made it to your meeting in Boston Stumpy (Dunkin coffee was not optional I figure).

MS - great you have a diagnosis and treatment plan. I think we all have some of those goofy "I hurt myself doing what" stories. Heal up now.

3 on 1 Jlynne - good luck.

How do you manage all those miles in the dark Jay? You must know you're routes really well. Especially when the leaves are falling.

Holly - Carmel Marathon in April. Small size. Well managed and very fast. Plus it's only 2 hours from Dayton and I bet if you asked nicely someone could pick up your packet so it can be an out and back day trip.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

No, I made it back with only a little one on the plane.  However a trip to the coffee counter downstairs feels imminent.  Glad to see that they do have Dunks in Indy. will come in handy later in the year.

Safe trip Karin and hope you made it to your meeting in Boston Stumpy (Dunkin coffee was not optional I figure).

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

C-R

No, I made it back with only a little one on the plane.  However a trip to the coffee counter downstairs feels imminent.  Glad to see that they do have Dunks in Indy. will come in handy later in the year.

Love me some Dunks. Better brew than Starbucks and on occasion I even sneak a plain donut too.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Mariposai

Mustang Sally, but Spareribs said Smile)) butterfly hugs to you dear sistahh!

Good luck  to Jlynne's kids on their marathon this weekend. It seems like grandma will have a lot of fun with the grand-kids.

Speaking of kids, how is Annabelle doing?

Well, I did not want to get out of bed this morning, but getting up I did and went up the hill and down the hills being chased by zombies. 8.5 zombiesleks miles today. I am pretty proud of my wings today. I escaped every zombies chase, except one (they got me on the flats too Sad().

Light rain on the way up, snow on the way down.

Cheers to you all.

For those of you who want to read my son David's in Macedonia, here is the link to his blog post.

http://nashmendez.blogspot.com/2013/11/romanovcerramanli.html

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MS, don't ever try that with a horse! (I guess that's where the "mount from left" standard started and still goes on.)

Thought about running, but settled for spinning and swimming. Cheers!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Dave, I'm sure you will have a great visit with Annabelle and your daughter.  Good luck to the new married couple.  MS, good luck in dealing with your hip/butt/leg pains.  mari, I enjoyed reading your son's blog from Macedonia.

This morning, it was in the mid to high 30s and there was a little wind.  I plodded through 8 miles at an 11:20 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS