Masters Running

Wednesday, February 11 - over the hump day! (Read 490 times)

evanflein

10.2 miles tonight, 8:40 overall avg pace, about 3F. Strange run... most of the miles were 8:38 to 8:41. Amazingly consistent, but I really felt I was running faster than that. I guess the snow and road crossings had more impact than I thought. One mile was 8:51... that's where I ran out of plowed bikepath heading up the overpass in the train yard. Ugh... got to the top and said forget it. Turned around and headed back down, looking for more cleared trail. Mile 10 was up the long steep hill behind my office, heading back to the car. I usually just "chug, chug, chug" up this hill but decided to do some sprints to see how I'd do. Not bad, apparently! I ran hard .1 to .15 mile, then stopped and walked a bit. This worked out great because I was running in the road, and that's about as far as I'd get before a car would come, forcing me off into the deep snow on the shoulder (and turning off the Garmin because I'd have to stop sometimes too). This mile ended up being 8:33, which pleased me to no end.