Masters Running

Found you! (Read 344 times)

busiman

Running out of mistakes!

Hi all, I got lost in the active.com shuffle and completely lost track of where the boomer crowd went. I poked into a few forums, but it seemed like Active didn't want to support a boomer group. A bit of digging through google and I found this site. I hadn't heard of it before so I assumed it was search spam. Anyway, good to see some familiar names...I'll post on a few threads, but thought I'd say hi first. busiman (last coolrunning name)
    -2009 running goals - sub-3 after Boston (probably VCM), 3 PRs, 2009 miles for the year, and no untreated injuries
    also on Twitter

King of PhotoShop

Happy to see you again, not just because you are a good guy, but you are also one heck of a fast runner! Most of us are here or over on Kickrunners.com, but wherever you end up, we are all pretty much the same group. Are you doing Boston next month? Spareribs
        Welcome Busiman, As I recall you are a pretty good runner, having run in low 3's for marathon--maybe even sub-3? Get yourself a log and make it public so we know what you are up to, even if you have to type it in--'a week here, and a week there' like I did. If you are luckier you can import your old one. I think you'll like this place. Jim
        Age 60 plus best times: 5k 19:00, 10k 38:35, 10m 1:05:30, HM 1:24:09, 30k 2:04:33
        evanflein

welcome to RA! Always good to have one of our old CR friends join the fold...
            Hey, busiman! What 'cha been doin' since Vermont? If you have an excel log or have one on CR still, it's pretty easy to load it here. Look at http://www.runningahead.com/forums/topic/c3c42be96bbb4c80a71a5ad4ebee77bc If you have an excel sheet and have to fiddle with it like I did, the headers need to be as follows. I know it works with tab delimited file, but I'm showing it with commas as it's easier to read here. DATE (M/D/YEAR),TIME OF DAY (24-HOUR FORMAT),SPORT,ROUTE,DISTANCE,MEASURE,KM,ELAPSED TIME,WORKOUT TYPE,SHOES,WEIGHT,WEATHER,TEMPERATURE,AVG HEART RATE,RESTING HEART RATE,MAX HEART RATE,COMMENTS

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Hey busi, it's good to hear from you. You've been missed. Since you know where we are, I look forward to your posts. TomS
                Hi Craig! Nice to hear from you. Also a large contingent of former CR Boomers on KickRunners in the Masters forum here: http://kickrunners.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34 Some folks do one, some the other, some both. In any case, nice to hear from you. Hope the training is going well. Skip
                SteveP

Busiman is here!!! Now the party can start!

SteveP

seemomgo

Hi Busiman! So you were lost in the great abyss huh? I hate it when that happens! Glad you found us over here! I don't know how people have time to post in both places, but as Ribs said, many other boomers have started posting here and many at Kickrunners. My head hurts just trying to keep up here!! Post often - I enjoy reading!
                      And another long-lost CRBoomer emerges from the mist... Welcome!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Marathon Maniac #957

Busiman! Glad you found us! Like others have said, the running log here is very good, you might want to try it. Jump right in anywhere.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Hey man, I was just thinking of you--we posted our Boston numbers in another thread, and you and I were in the same one last year. I'm in 9 again, how about you? grins, A
                          Masters 2000 miles
                          btb1490

Looking forward to hearing more from you, Busiman. I wasn't around at Cool Running, but from the responses here, it sounds like we are lucky that you found your way here.
                            busiman

Running out of mistakes!

Thanks very much for the welcome. I'm glad to find many of the familiar CR names and faces. I'll probably join kickrunners as well. It is great to find a 'mature' (n.p.i) place that isn't filled with driveby-posts or trolls. After just missing my sub-3 goal at Phili last fall, I'm determined on nailing it in Vermont. I'm ramping up my mileage for Boston. I won't taper much (or race hard). After Boston I'll do a few more long runs and peak for Vermont City. Thanks again for the welcome!
                              -2009 running goals - sub-3 after Boston (probably VCM), 3 PRs, 2009 miles for the year, and no untreated injuries
                              also on Twitter

Head Procrastinator

Hi Craig!! I don't post here much mostly lurk but this deserved an appearance Big grin There are some Boston gatherings going on and a water stop (not as elaborate as in the past but still there) Hope to see you. Barb
                                ~ My Profile~ The avatar is happy BOC wootcats