Masters Running

Columbus Daily, 10.13.14 (Read 37 times)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I ran the Tufts 10K today, too, and I saw Esther!!!  Right as I was waiting on the ports-potties, wouldn't you know it!

Fun, fun race!  I ran sooper slo, because my hamstring is feeling a bit tweaked after my 9-miler on Saturday.  I'm in full-fledged taper mode for Baystate next weekend, so I'm trying to be verrrry restrained.  I made a bad mistake of positioning myself in the 10 minute mile corral.  Because I wanted to go SLOW!  But people were SO much slower, it made for tough going, dodging runners with strollers, runners who inexplicably stopped in the middle of the road, runners who nearly took me out by dashing quickly in front of me to make a beeline for the water station or to wave hello to someone, runners who talked on their cell phones and then went head over heels on top of the orange barrels that they did not see.  It was a serious fiasco of runners who had no concept of race etiquette.  Good on them for getting out there and giving this race a try, though. Methinks I'll seed myself differently the next time I run this one!

--Robin

sounds like the Joan Benoit Samuelson finale made it all worth while.

lucky.

ps - did you ever get to run with Boston Billy as some seem to have done?

<<<(ribs/ribs)>>>

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

Jay - Congratulations on the new PR!

No run for me on Monday, just 30 minutes of weights and core.

The long-range weather forecast shows Playa del Carmen having 80% chance of rain and thunderstorms every day we are there......

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

King of PhotoShop

Brief checkin as I am very busy.  Did 2.3 recovery on Monday with the Saint and now I'm in Raleigh, NC and did 2 miles this morning just to get something done.

I'm racing against Billy Rodgers in a two miler at the end of this month.  He'll beat me though.  Off to work now. Spareribs

BlazinCajun

No running for me yesterday - installed two floor receptacles around our couch yesterday. Finally could check that off the to-do list from the addition.

Ran around seven this morning before the weather moves in.

Andrew
          ------------------
          God, my Lord, is my strength;
          he makes my feet swift as those of hinds
          and enables me to go upon the heights.
          Hb 3:19