Masters Running

Friday April 11 Boomer/Masters Runs and whatever ... (Read 567 times)

Must be a big marathon coming up Big grin Everybody seems to be tapering. No running today just some light spinning to get rid of the lactic acide builid up from interavals last night. Have to get ready for 35K tomorrow with a speedy lady runner (much faster than me). So I hope I do not collapse, stumble or become incoherent during the run. Hopefully after the run tomorrow I can have a nap as I am going to see Def Leppard in concert tomorrow night. REO Speedwagon and Styx are accompanying them. Talk about a journey back in time...everyone remember "Babe I Love You" The most popular slow dance at school dances in the early 80's. Perch-So happy that Tori is well. I am sure that is quite a relief. Take care of that hip Roy...I often have the same problems and some yoga moves have helped. Snow and sleet predicted for today, back to cold weather...yuck Take care my friends. Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning! {{{Roy’s hip}}} Tall – I saw REO Speedwagon and Styx last summer – both great concerts – have fun! No run for me today, light x-training instead: military presses, dumbbell curls, bench dips, butterflies, and a 12-minute ab/core video. Today my boss is at a seminar and so I'm taking a half day off work, and going shopping, first to TJ Max to look for a couple items, including one of those back-pack purses for when I'm walking around Boston with DH and then Runner's Plus to buy my gels and spend a gift card that a certain super-fabulous runner here gave me (not mentioning any names but she’s blond and REALLY fast).... Wink I know taper madness is setting in when the bizarre race dreams begin. Last night’s was a doozy, seemed to last for hours – I was late to the start line and couldn’t find my car, the streets were jammed with traffic, and I was trying to get a ride from someone. Then I realized I wasn’t wearing my race clothes, so I had to get to the hotel, where I realized I didn’t have my key. Finally got dressed and the manager of the hotel was saying, “It’s 10:21, you have 9 minutes, you better get moving...” Undecided Happy Friday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Like Tammy poking at her tibia, I went out this morning for an exploratory jog to see if my leg still hurt. And - it didn't! Panic over. Take a deep breath - WE...MUST...ALL...CALM...DOWN. Just a little residual stiffness. 5 miles at just under 10 min/mi. I'm very happy. My boss announced that WRFB and I are running Boston in yesterday's staff meeting. (We work at the same company). That was nice. OK - time to start checking multiple weather sites for the (uselessly)long-range Boston forecast... Roll eyes

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

Like Tammy poking at her tibia, I went out this morning for an exploratory jog to see if my leg still hurt. And - it didn't! Panic over. Take a deep breath - WE...MUST...ALL...CALM...DOWN. : OK - time to start checking multiple weather sites for the (uselessly)long-range Boston forecast... Roll eyes
          ... and she tells me she doesn't suffer from taper madness. HA!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

dg.

Like Tammy poking at her tibia, I went out this morning for an exploratory jog to see if my leg still hurt. And - it didn't! Panic over. Take a deep breath - WE...MUST...ALL...CALM...DOWN. Just a little residual stiffness. 5 miles at just under 10 min/mi. I'm very happy. My boss announced that WRFB and I are running Boston in yesterday's staff meeting. (We work at the same company). That was nice. OK - time to start checking multiple weather sites for the (uselessly)long-range Boston forecast... Roll eyes
            where are the dancing bananas when you need them?? Big grin Big grin Big grin
              This post is brought to you by the letter B and the numbers 5 and 8... This morning I ran 5 miles at an 8 minute pace with my running partner...and we saw BATS,BIRDS and even a BROWN BUNNY... Have a great day!!!
              Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
              Mariposai

Great news PDR!!!
                NO...CALM DOWN now and enjoy the taper madness week ahead of you. Cranium, I sure enjoyed reading your running stories with your students this past couple of weeks. Happy shopping day Holly. Make sure you buy something red also. I am glad I went out for a sweet, sunny 3 miles run yesterday afternoon since this morning is cloudy, crisp and the asthma thingie is not happy at all. I hope the albuterol helps by 10 this morning since I am giving a workshop on cultural competency to 140+ healhtcare workers. The way I am feeling right now I can not even talk for 15 minutes, let alone for the 2 hours I am schedule to talk.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Like Tammy poking at her tibia, I went out this morning for an exploratory jog to see if my leg still hurt. And - it didn't! OK - time to start checking multiple weather sites for the (uselessly)long-range Boston forecast... Roll eyes
                  glad to hear that your leg is better... Here's a weather update. http://www.wunderground.com/blog/HIEXPRESS/comment.html?entrynum=0&tstamp=200803 No running for me. Still with ice on my ankle...Getting better, though.
                  Jlynne

PDR - so happy you ran pain-free today! Holly - would it be so bad to run Boston nekkid?! You Boston people need to practice deep breathing techniques! Jeanne
                    pfriese

A week or two back I was doing an out and back to the dam at Olverholser. I was bucking a pretty stiff wind myself that day (not as bad as yesterday). I met a runner running with the wind. I said something stupid like, "looks like you got the wind at your back." The runner said, "Yes." Was that you?
                      It could have been, seems like I was running in similar conditions without the red sky a couple of weeks back and saw two different runners who made a comment about the wind being at my back. A general desciption of what I look like: tall, white beard, gray pony-tail, always wear a hat so as not to sun-burn (or wind-burn) the top of my bald head Smile . I guess it's taper-time for the OKC marathon for both of us. DW has us in Dallas for the Jimmy Buffet concert on Saturday night before the marathon, so I'll be well rested after driving back late Saturday night. Hopefully, we can meet up before the marathon, or even afterwards at the finishers area. Paul

Marathon Maniac #957

Happy shopping day Holly. Make sure you buy something red also.
                        Red? Hmmmm...why red? {{{Mariposai's asthma}}} PDR - YAY!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Head Procrastinator

I asked WRFB how PDR's hammy was and he told me to look here, then proceeded to tell me anyway. Woohoooo, glad to hear it. Looking forward to meeting some more of you next weekend. Stop looking at the weather forecasts. It will do what it does
                          ~ My Profile~ The avatar is happy BOC wootcats

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                            It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Mariposai

Red? Hmmmm...why red?
                              Because red is a good luck charm... and....you would look terrific and sassy in REDDDDDDD

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

On another note I think I told you last week that I sent in articles to be published by running magazines. Well my proposed monthly or quarterly column is called "Dating on the Run" a humorous look at dating while running. I am crossing my fingers that it will be accepted and published but feedback by publishers on my articles would also be appreciated. Anyway, I guess I have to start warning any potential dates they could become material for my upcoming articles Big grin I am having a blast writing them anyway... Tall

Recent Best times: None recently