Masters Running

Natural Law Tuesday ~ 10 January 2012 (Read 508 times)

Dave59

I am delaying my run until lunch today but I thought I'd kick things off.

Why do certain things always happen the way they do?  My daughter is a graduate assistant at Central Michigan.  Near the end of her semester last December she lost her keys.  Technically, the keys had to be in the car, between the car and the house, or in the house.  But no amount of searching turned them up,  She was dreading going back to school and requesting new office and lab keys, but yesterday after one last search, that is what she did.  Upon getting the keys, she happened to look at her backpack sitting on her desk, and there were the old keys, sitting there in plain view in an outside mesh pocket of the backpack. Why is it ALWAYS like that..Confused

coastwalker

It is frustrating, Dave, but at least DD now has a spare set of keys.

No workout for me this morning 'cause of hip/damstring issues. Today is Primary Day here in NH, and we're pretty excited about getting to vote. If you're a registered Independent (which we are) you can 'declare' for either party on the way into the voting station today, cast your vote, and then 'undeclare' on your way out. It gives us more opportunities to have our voices heard. People say it gives others the opportunity to cast "spoiler" votes, but people tend to take the process too seriously to do that. Besides, the person you vote for may win, so you better vote for someone you like.

Enjoy the day!  -  Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

At least now they don't have to change the locks?  And a spare set of keys could come in handy.

Sorry about the injury, Jay. And that primary thing sounds fair to me. Good luck, NH.

0533. 39F. Damp. 5.36 miles with Steve and Jane. There were others in the group but different distances and paces separated us.

Was awake from 0200 -03something. I might need a little power nap now. 

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Good Morning!

Loved your photos yesterday Carolyn!    I have two daughters, one is shorter than I am and the other is my height almost exactly.    Amongst my siblings, I am the tallest of all of them - male and female and also surpassed my dad a little.   When I was born I had to have a total blood transfusion and best we can figure, I got some tall person's blood!  Wink

Leslie - I agree your neighbor is nuts, but she may just be thinking that she can go out and run 10 without a problem, but in actuality she'll be ready to quit after 3 or 4.      I think the bigger issue is if she plans on going out with you for your long run and what will that do to you if she has to quit early?

Up and out for 5 this morning.   I just love running under the full moon!    A couple of times I had to glance back thinking a car was coming up on me, but it was just the moon lighting my way.     My plan was only for 4, but with the light wind and bright sky, I figured I better take advantage as that is all supposed to change later in the week. 

Cheers!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
          It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Jlynne

6.8 miles in awesome 29° temps, sun and no wind. Really? This is January? I love it, though I hear things will be back to normal by the end of the week.

Hey Erika - the national news did a story on a small city in Alaska (sorry, I can't remember the name now) that had snow up to the rooftops on a lot of houses. It had snowed every day for like 27 days in a row.

Dave - that happens to me all the time. I'll tear the house apart looking for something, then when I give up, it appears in the most obvious spot. Is this the DD that had the internship in Green Bay?

Take care of that hamstring Jay. Hopefully you're enjoying all the political candidates hanging around your neck of the woods these days.

Great pictures yesterday Carolyn. I'm 5'3" and my DS#1 is 6'2" and DS#2 is 6'. They passed me up when they were in like 4th grade. I always wanted to be tall. Oh - and thinner too Wink   My DH has a good saying every time he gets on the scale: "I'm not fat, I'm just too short for my weight." 

lamerunner

Good morning. Primary day indeed. Political signs and media trucks all over Manchester and DS has no school. There is a small "occupy NH Primary" encampment in Veterans park across the street from the Radisson where CBS built a temporary outdoor studio.  Fortunately for them it is not that cold today.  There were a couple of Republican debates here on the weekend. Pretty wild!

I ran 8 miles this morning, felt ok. Yesteday was a rest day; I had planned to swim but the timing just did not work out. I got in a pretty strong very hilly 10 miler on Sunday in Eaton/Freedom NH while waiting for DS' ski race to start.  DD came to the race and also skiied a bit with us on Saturday.  Nice to have her around. She has wisdom teeth surgery tomorrow then back to school on Jan 19.

Nice running for everyone around here. Nice job OM on the Marathon. 

Leslie, great that Shorty comes home soon. Your running partner may be fine for the 10 miler but very sore afterward!

Erika, hope your ankle/tendon is ok. Shorter training plans can work; that is my plan this year!  That and not worry too much about it.

Mariposai

Erika, be careful with the ankle. Yes, I remember your great 2010 season!

Jay, I wish you luck with the hamstring. 

enkaphalin, hugs to you sistahh...just because.

36F (it feels like spring) 4 easy miles still on tired legs. 

Ohhh, the moon was so bright, so big, so gorgeous that in the middle of my run I decided to find a good spot to sit down for a few minutes to enjoy the beauty! 

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Mike E

MM #5615

Hey Erika - the national news did a story on a small city in Alaska (sorry, I can't remember the name now) that had snow up to the rooftops on a lot of houses. It had snowed every day for like 27 days in a row. 

Erika won't be able to answer you for awhile...she's shoveling...

Dave--that's really funny.  We have to lock our lower level doors because of the daycare kids.  Just yesterday, my DW came walking into my room and said, "Can I borrow your key, I must have locked mine in the laundry room."  She sounded kind of funny, so I looked up and said, "Umm, what key is that in your mouth?"  "Oh," she said, "never mind." 

Okay--back to work--looking for work.  Oh--good morning!

The jury is still out on my DD and her final height, since she's only nine.  The docs have always predicted she won't be tall, but that she will likely surpass my 5' 1.5" at some point.

Holly, I thought you were 5' 1.53" tall.  

Off to look for my keys!

Later Friends!

Skip

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

JLynne - I heard that story too and had to go looking for it out of curiosity ..... http://www.woodtv.com/dpps/weather/us_wx_news/2-alaska-towns-seek-help-weathering-harsh-winter-nt12-jgr_4035673

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                      It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Top 'O the World!

Hey! Good Morning Folks!

Yup, Dave, I think we all get to have those experiences in life - some of us more often than others! Roll eyes 

Holly - guesstimating height for a nine year old is never an exact science. Especially in some families! We range from 4'8" to 7'1" on my Dad's side...Mom's - Everybody is btwn 5'1 & 5'8"  I'm the shortest sister at 5'5", which I hit at 12, My youngest sister hit 6'1" at 21, but she didn't "get with the program" until about 15. She was maybe up to around 5' or a little shy of before that. At around 8-9 yrs old, everybody thought that I would be the tallest - nope! & my younger son, with his size 16 feet, everybody was banking on him being one of the 7 footers! again, nope! He's 6'4" but still has HUGE hands & feet.

Speaking of Huge!  Huge Congrats to OM on her 1st marathon!!  Woo-Hoo!!

My wknd kinda kicked my butt, but in a good way - mostly!  Went out for a 16 on Saturday, including my big hill! Was motoring right along, except for minor mud bog negotiations here & there, until the squall moved in a little ahead of schedule & I was NOT appropriately dressed for horizontal, heavy, wet snow! So, cut it at 12.5 but, I still got my hill done!  Took an easier day on Sunday (moving large pieces of furniture, boxes, lamps, etc.) with only a 2.5 miler &  then went a bit longer yesterday - still hilly, although lesser so, at abt 9.5 (shut the watch off for a bit somewhere, so I'm guessing it may have been up to a mile more). Thinking a shorter one + some yoga stretch, dragging trailers, hauling plywood, etc. should be in order today...

Have a Greta One!   

Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

...NaturalLaw

would be if a Goose Poops it'll probably hit my car......

=======

...but I digress.....

30min poolrun

shooting and poolrun tomorrow...before THE SNOW hits........meh

..good running guys....

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

evanflein

That town is Cordova, with the accent on "ova." The gal on the today show called it CORDova, which we thought was funny. Yeah, they sure got dumped on. But it always snows a lot there. This is unusual, but not very. I find it interesting that nobody cares when we have an extended cold snap... days and weeks on end of highs not getting above -20, but then again that's not "that" unusual for us, either. Just a pain in the butt.

Dave, I always figure the best way to find something I'm looking for is to get a replacement. Always seems to work that way.

Happy primary day, Jay and Lamerunner! I'm just looking forward to getting it over with. But from the "other side of the fence," this republican primary thing has been very entertaining.

My ankle was pretty swollen last night, but better this morning. Still tender though. Have no idea what I did to it, really. It's not like I'm running too much Roll eyes or on rough terrain. And yes, I'm trying to be good and not rush anything. Yesterday ended up being a total rest day, and dinner out. I'm sure the extra pounds I'm carrying aren't helping anything....

Oh, and it's warm today! It was +6 and breezy at the house, could get up to +20. And I can't run in it. Lovely.

mrrun

tomorrow is my rest day. biked into work today over black ice, which resulted in the bike and I hitting the ground - fortunately there were no cars around. Pondered taking the T or continuing to bike, so I walked down the hill and biked slowly the rest of the way.  RAL SLOWLY to test my leg and it hurts - at least I have 5 days before the half....(however, henrun looked greta skating on the boston common)

I'll be happy when NH voting is over, so there'll be fewer talking heads onthe tv.

((to hurts)) - and I'm not going to say how much time I spend looking for my glasses!

marj

Dave59

Got in my lunchtime 5.1 miles.  Lost another experience person at work.  Moral of the story: Don't go 3+ years without giving someone a raise and then tell them they are lucky to have a job.  Odds are they'll be gone faster than you can say Jack Robinson.