Masters Running

Best Race times in 2010 (Read 2521 times)

DoppleBock

5 mile - Clydesdale - March 6 - Point Bock 30:51

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

DoppleBock

40-44 24 hour race - 154.48 miles May 13-14

40-44 group:  10K Herrin Fest, Illinois certified course 5/31/10:  37:35.  44 years old.

I look my best blurry!

40-44 group:  10K Herrin Fest, Illinois certified course 5/31/10:  37:35.  44 years old.

Wow!

I look my best blurry!

Wow! Wow! Wow!

DoppleBock

Now I have a goal for my aug 10k ... beat kehamm - Nice race!

A Saucy Wench

I think this one has to be carried over year to year until someone (namely DB) beats it.  

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Dopple Bock:  You are the Man.  That is awesome.  Congrats and go soak your feet.

I look my best blurry!

Update!  New PR on the hardest freakin' course I ever ran, in the pouring rain with no warm-up!  What a race!   21:00!  I look my best blurry!

#artbydmcbride

Great photos!  Smile  Awesome PR!

Runners run

Sweet speed there wannaberunner! I can hear your footsteps!

New 10k PR for me today at the IronHorse 10k in Simsbury CT----42:39--- 2/204 women and 11/339 overall. First masters woman by far....lots of 20 something chicklets and me, granny in her racing flats 

F45 - 49...42:39 CNYrunner

Thanks Ilene!

Wannabearunner:  You probably need to change your screen name with a time like that on a "less than gentle" course.  Looks like you are setting up to smoke a flat, fast  5K course in the near future.  Congratulations.

Dopple Bock:  When is your next herculean effort going to take place?   You definitely have everyone's attention on this board with your recent accomplishments.  Ultrarunning is an entirely different game from us hobbyjoggers and your mileage and racing accolades are impressive.  Look forward to following your 2010 events as you work to crush the competition in an absolute brutal sport.

A great book to read for people interested in ultrarunning:  Born to Run by Christopher McDougall.  Very interesting perspective into some of the pioneers in the Ultra boom and intriguing reading on theories of how man has evolved.  Will definitely give each person something to think over.

Update!  New PR on the hardest freakin' course I ever ran, in the pouring rain with no warm-up!  What a race!   21:00!  I look my best blurry!

I look my best blurry!

I want to add that although I am proud of my race I was the 3rd in my age group,43.  The female winner finished in 19:00!  That was truly amazing!  She was 4th in the PGH Marathon in 2:56:56 this year.  She is a rocket!  Sponsored by Avon currently.  Wow!  The other 43 yo woman beat me by 12 sec.  They both have very long accomplished running careers.  Very cool.  See, I'm still a wannabe.

CNYrunner - you are still my hero!

#artbydmcbride

CNYrunner is my hero too!  And for more than just running!  Smile

Runners run

17:35 finish at Sikeston, MO Elite 5K course on a hot, humid day.  44 years old.