Masters Running

Alaska Maniac Runs Boston (Read 392 times)

TheSaint

You rock girl! What a wonderful race.

King of PhotoShop

I agree with what pbj wrote that it is extraordinary that of all the marathons you have done as a maniac, you would get such a big PR at Boston. You ran beautifully. When I saw btb's report, I noticed the picture of Steve high-fiving the girls while you stayed in the center and kept focused. That impressed me. Oddly, not many people commented on the sun and heat, but given where you are from, I thought you might. I got the sense that the day was too warm for many people. To run this course well I always liked it cold. You are one very inspirational runner Erika. Well done. Spareribs
        I huge PR with jet lag! Wow very, very impressive. As to the heat . . . I suspect you would have found anything over zero to be a big warm. Clowning around Well, it WAS hot. You had a right to think so. Count this post as another heartfelt congratulations on your run!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Bugs

Erika, My hat is off to you. Well done once again. You are a very strong woman, runner, and inspiration to us all. You rock girlfriend.

Bugs

Erika, Fantastic race. An 11 minute PR...wow to say the least. In Boston in warm weather...wowza. You did great and you so deserve this tme and result after all yor hard training this winter in difficult conditions. And us northearners have a tradition to uphold of: Showing southern folks how tough us northern folks are. Take care Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Alaska Maniac Runs Boston! sounds like, and should'a been, a headline in the Fairbanks News Miner. especially with an eleven minute PR! I wonder how finishers beat that? \

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Great racing Erika, What an event to pick to run the race of your life. You couldn't have scripted it any better. Congratulations on your huge PR in the BOSTON MARATHON!
                Age 60 plus best times: 5k 19:00, 10k 38:35, 10m 1:05:30, HM 1:24:09, 30k 2:04:33
                  Wow! That was some RR. Congrats on your 11 minute PR at Boston! I didn't know you could BQ at Boston--WHOA! Smile You are an amazing runner.